Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

COMBAT Time!!!

Tags
combat time
2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  duquette5 
#1 ·
With Kyle bearing down on us and the low pressure setting in I'm heading out to the canal tonight! I'm bringing squid, mack, pogies, and clams. I throwing it all out there and see what happens!

Kyle's a punk, I've known several Kyles in my life and most of them are weak kneed snot nosed punks that are more bluff then gruff!

Lace 'em up boys it's COMBAT Time!! :gob_icon_cheers:

#5 ·
What a great time! We setup, yes setup in Sandwich near the power plant with a First Up gazebo, a coleman stove, and a lantern. We started fishing around 9 PM Saturday night with mack chunks, squid, and pogie chunks. Got the long rod out there with squid on it and started tossing a plug because over the rain noise I thought I could hear surface smacks. No luck with the plug. Caught a small lobster, a skate, 25" schoolie, then around 2:30AM a keeper (barely). My nephew caught a Black Bass and a schoolie as well. We grilled burgers and dogs and made coffee and had a blast!

The keeper hit my line pretty good and my new Penn Pro (11' Heavy) rod literally exploded. I was left standing there with the reel seat and my reel in my hand as the rest of the rod slid down my line. Now this was a brand new rod I picked up over at RedTop. After 30 minutes of struggling I managed to land the fish and the rod parts. Hit RedTop on the way home and the made it right but not with out some static and aggrevation. Penn has discontinued the Pro line and I ended up with the Tsunami Airwave 11' Heavy. I'm not ready to dump the cash into a custom Lami yet.

Sorry for the long post, we had a blast and the storm turned out to be a dud. Saw lots of bait swimming around, squid pogies, even some sand eels.

My best,
Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.