Lowrance mark 4 or mark 4 hdi - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Equipment & Tackle --- How To / Do It Yourself Forums > Saltwater Tackle Shop
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Saltwater Tackle Shop Product testing. Terminal tackle and gear forum. This forum is here to help the new and experienced angler in making good decision's when purchasing new gear. Talk about rods, reels, lures etc. here. List tackle or gear that you have experience with so that we may encourage others to try. Index of tackle dealers.

Old 04-28-2014, 12:32 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Lowrance mark 4 or mark 4 hdi

Lowrance Mark 4 or Lowrance Mark 4 HDI?
I currently have a Hummingbird Matrix 12 on my boat and it crapped the bed the other day. My boat is currently docked for the next month on the Hudson for striper fishing and it would be a huge pain to take it out and install a new fish finder. I can buy a used fishfinder that uses the same transducer or i can buy a new one and install it after striper season. I tend to fish my 5-6 spots striper fishing and i know the river pretty well depth wise where i fish so i dont think a finder is completly necessary at this point.

i came across the Lowrance Mark 4 and Mark 4 HDI and both got pretty good reviews, and they have a built in chartplotter which is a huge plus. As far as i can tell is the Mark 4 is sonar and the HDI is downscan. I typically use the finder for depth, and to mark some fish and anchor for striper fishing. for lakes i tend to use it just for depth, as i tend to fish shallow water and cast more. In the summer i go to lake george and i will use it for depth and mark fish as a point to start drop shoting in 20+ FOW.

I dont know if i will really take advantage of the Downscan. I also like the icons of fish, and not sure you can do that with the downscan.

Looking for some tips, suggestions, or reviews.

thanks.
Edit Post Reply Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement