2007 - The Year In Review Pictorial - Stripers247 - Page 2 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > The Striper Forum > All Time Best Threads
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

All Time Best Threads Here is the all time best threads. Worth reading

Old 06-10-2007, 06:50 AM

Default Re: First report of stripers,,Nova Scotia

Back to Stewiacke River yesterday, action starting to slow down ,,spawning is pretty much over. Managed to get three between, two keepers for supper tonite and a smaller on. The Bay of Fundy is starting to produce some stripers so I'll start fishing in the bay . Here's a pic of the two 27 inchers we got yesterday and a pic of the river.
Dobb
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bb 001 (600 x 452).jpg
Views:	270
Size:	57.6 KB
ID:	4157   Click image for larger version

Name:	bb 006 (600 x 452).jpg
Views:	276
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	4158  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2007, 06:55 PM
Lunker

Default 2007 - The Year In Review Pictorial - Stripers247

We left very early for the Chesapeake Light Tower, which is 13 miles off shore of Virginia.

This is what it looked like when we were coming up on the Chesapeake Light Tower. There were about 50 boats there. I have see many more there.

Spade Fish

They fight pretty hard. They will give you quite a work out.

Picture of the Chesapeake Light Tower.

Holding Spade fish.

Our catch.

Decked our for fishing. LOL What a site. I get really dirty while fishing. I do most of the baiting and handle getting the bait ready which can be messy. I do handle a lot of the fish when when it comes in. Others started doing it later in the day.

Getting the fish ready for the diner table. Nice filet's.

Old 07-04-2007, 09:06 AM
Lunker

got 5 of them the other night all on large pencils.kept one let the others go. this won is my best to date 44 1/2 inch 34 #
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	june 30 07.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	3969  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-05-2007, 10:49 PM
LunkHead

Default Getting Better

I finally happened to walk onto a jetty while the fish were still there, 3rd cast had a 23 lb'er and followed that with a teener, both on bright green pencil popper.....my first ever fish on pencils. The fishing lasted a good hour that I was there, my buddy Sean got 3 fish, his largest was 37 Lbs, it was a great night....I need a jetty gaff. Here's a few pics of da fish, I should have gotten some pics of the bedlam, it got prety wild on the rocks and in the water.
Attachment 2452

Attachment 2453

Nice neighborhood of million dollar homes we used for a backdrop.

I should mention that Sean got that fish when he stopped retrieving his plug for a moment so that another angler could walk under him while fighting his fish, while Sean is standing there with his rod up in the air, the fish hit and tried to pull him in.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	July 5th 07.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	121.2 KB
ID:	3970   Click image for larger version

Name:	Sean 7 5 07  37 lb.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	80.0 KB
ID:	3971  

"An Evil Barbarian with a Wrench in His Pocket......"

Old 07-06-2007, 02:16 PM

Hello all,this is my first post here.After looking around this site for awhile and absorbing the great info Roccus shares on here I decided to try what I learned on the Merrimack last weekend.We loaded up the skiff and got to the state park boat ramp at 7:20 pm......................20 minutes too late according to the gate keeper .After some begging and pleading she decides to let us in because there's fireworks that night. Fireworks?Ohh great. We launch the skiff and idle out into the boat parking lot,ahh I mean river.Amazingly we get across the channel without getting run over and try to find some out of the way water.We end up by a small bridge and it's fairly quiet,we only hit the prop like 8 times getting there but oh well the tides coming anyway.Just as we throw out our first eels the fireworks start and all the boats start blowing their horns,needless to say the fishing is kind of slow except for the small bluefish which are eagerly chomping our eels in half.Finally around 1 am when everything is starting to settle down,the thunderstorm decides to roll through .Now the fireworks were pretty good,but nothing compared to what mother nature had to offer.No amusement park ride can give you the anxiety of a good lightning storm when your on the water holding fiberglass fishing rods.Well the storm passes and we're soaked but not fried . Finally everything is calm and quiet and the bass start cooperating to salvage the trip.We'll definitely be back,but next time it will be on a week night.This weekend it's off to the Kennebeck to see what that has to offer.Good luck all and thanks again to Roccus for sharing his secrets to success on this site.This fish came out of 3 feet of water that night....................................

Old 07-06-2007, 05:12 PM
Lunker

Got an email invite from a friend Tuesday morning. Dan just got his "new" used boat, a 16 Starcraft with a 40 hp Merc. He asked me if I would like to come down to Plum Island for the maiden fishing trip. We were going to christen the boat. He didn't have to ask twice.
So it was 95 Southbound. The Merrimack River Bridge in the distance.

Here were our fishing grounds. Joppa Flats and Plum Island.

I made it.

We stopped in for some hooks, swivels and some extra eels. Don't get here very often. Saw Roccus's 61 pound striper photo on the wall. Kay was very helpful.

Dan told me the fox were overrunning the island. We pulled into his street and I thought I saw a cat run under a guys porch. Second look told me it was a kit fox.
Next house down I saw this adult fox. As the fireworks were going off around us at dusk from Dan's second story porch we watched a fox walk right down the tar road like he owned it.
Old 07-06-2007, 05:13 PM
Lunker

Default Re: The Merrimack River, eels and cows 07/04/07

We started the nights fishing around 1030 PM. It was slow. Tide was incoming. It was a 3 AM high tide. Dan got the first fish of the night a 25".

Then Dan caught the second fish of the night, a 46".

When the tide came to the top we tried downtown Newburyport. First drift and the bluefish cleaned us up. We got out of there quick. We decided to go back to the flats.
Dan caught another 28". I was kinda bumming. I had had some bites, even a nice fish on for a while before the circle hook let go. But then it was my turn. 36"

Then it was Dan's turn again. Another 46". They looked like twins in the bottom of the boat.

Just as it was getting light in the east I hooked up for the last fish of the night a 37"

Daybreak on Joppa Flats.

We ended our trip back at Surfland. Dan's bass weighed in at 34 pounds apiece.
Best picture on the board was a 32.5 pound fish Dan's friend had caught a week ago. Dan was top dog on the picture board when we left.

Thanks for the invite Dan. I had a blast.
Coalman
Old 07-12-2007, 08:57 PM
Lunker

Got an early start on the Bay Saturday morning. The two lights in the distance are Pease in Newington. Durham on your left. Greenland on your right.

I have been hearing reports of pogies. While checking my lobster traps at the mouth of the Oyster River I saw the tell tale ripples. Snagged a couple.

They were of the large variety. Lots of worries but no hits. I got a little lazy and just let the pogie free drift. I paid for it. Darn bluefish.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:26 PM
Lunker

Here are some of my better photos of the day and night.

Gunny's seminar. Fishing the points and rips of Beavertail.

Q&A with Roccus.

Briggs and better half.

Sunset was coming. Time to gear up.

2 AM with Smulax's striper.

A view of our south easterly morning fishing grounds.

Good friends = good times.
Coalman
Old 07-16-2007, 09:41 PM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

Default Re: Beavertail Point pictorial

lets see...we got..the man who put this whole thing together..the gunny.....im gonna name that plug the gunny4290...and the short one the gs42...then we have the eel master....roc...with the man of the hour...mr jimbo....mikey....never fall asleep at a party....this pic has many possibilities in the blue room...you must have been tired after landing the only known bassy...roc..pulling his pork at 3am.....and the hardcores...the morning after...

i got a few more to resize..hold on....oh btw...hey floatsum..where the hell were you when i had the camera out?
Attached Images

Old 07-16-2007, 09:57 PM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

a few more...every time i saw baitrunner he was eating....grillin at 3am..story telling..and waiting for that massive blitz....
Attached Images

Old 07-16-2007, 10:08 PM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

a few more...i think this is all i got..wtf.i thought i had more..ill have to check the camera. ....how could i forget..mikes first keeper...i think he went home and pulled a roc and threw it in bed with the wife....
Attached Images

Old 07-17-2007, 07:18 AM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

i figured ide repost the pic here for a bit...you all dont need to see the replies...unless you really want to...the zim doing a "FLY BY" sniffing out some bait at the rhodie gathering.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	zimgoogan.JPG
Views:	384
Size:	24.9 KB
ID:	3925  
Old 07-17-2007, 11:13 AM

Default Re: July's get together,,,

What can I say that hasnt been said. But I'll try.
You dont get this kind of tutorial at a seminar.
Just a great time with outstanding people.
First class operation all the way.
I just wish more of you had the chance to share this with us.
I knew I was heading in the right direction from jamestown when i saw huge florescent 247 signs pointing the way in. An awesome touch from the Gunny.
Highlights for me were many. Finally meeting up with Gunny and his family would have been enough for me but there was Roc and Briggs and Jake and 42-90 and Mikey and Floats and Smulax and the rest of the gang.
(Not to mention the slap yo momma chicken)
Something that stands out for me was visualizing the rips that formed as the tide rolled in in the morning just as Gunny had drawn it on the blackboard the night before. Overlooking from the north face it was easy to see the rips forming. The water entered and pooled as it flowed laterally it accellerated out. Closer to flood stage the eddies converged from both sides with a narrow window between them. The rock formations made it just so.

After the hike in and the repell down the south face

Old 07-17-2007, 07:46 PM

The Beginning