Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Bay of Fundy

Tags
bay fundy
4K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  Joe Wiz 
#1 ·
How the fishing going guys, any fall stripers showing up?

#4 ·
Some Of The Boys Were Over On The Weekend Caught Alot Between 20-26 Ins. Lost One That Nearly Ran The Reel Then Broke The Line. Who Knows, Will Give You A Report On Friday.one Big One Caught On Winsor Side 44''. Looks Like The Fall Run Has Started. Wild Dave

#7 ·
Fished on the 12&13 of Sept. three tides, afternoon tides I caught 30-40 schoolies. Largest was 23" night tide was zero. Sunday night a 42" was caught and three other keepers. I guess I was three days late, but the winds were high when we were fishing.Water temperature was still a little warm. Good luck guys. Wild Dave

#8 ·
Wasdown yesterday for the afternoon,,caught 20-25 a foot long, had one good pull ,started to pull some drag and snapped my line. I had it caught up just before that so it must have got a nick in the line,,felt like a decent fish for the ten seconds I had him on. Real nice day,,not to cold..
Dobb

#9 ·
Hi Kevin; Keep me posted it might be possible for me to slip over on a Sunday. The geese are starting to roll in and it looks like a busy season.Good luck with the fishing this fall. You should come over for some sea-trout last of Apr. or first of May. they are some fight on a 5 1/2 ' ultra light.

#11 ·
Well guys.....the new wife and I were given a road trip through Nova Scotia as a wedding present. We took the " Cat " and ran through Mahone Bay Lunenburg,( met the Bluenose II just settling in for the winter ) 0ak Island,Peggy's cove, Halifax,Wolfville and back to Yarmouth for the ferry. I wore my Stripers247 hat for a week. Funny ..... no one noticed. I did dip a line in Mahone bay just for ha-ha's. One mack on a piece of silver( gave it to some guy named Roy). Loved the countryside....and the people are among the friendliest, open, and helpful as you'd ever want to meet. Everyone wore a smile. I told the wife I could easily buy a house and settle on in, but....she likes it warmer than I do. Be proud....it's a beautiful place.

Tight lines.....JOE WIZ

#13 ·
Got to the museum....loved it....didn't hear about the bluefins. Talked to lot of the local rod and reel guys. They seem to be having a tough time hooking up. Waiting for the right time , I guess. Commercial netters unloading in Yarmouth seemed to have impressive catches. Of course they could have been out for days. What do I know.....I'm just a 200 lb. Yankee sitting in the room.

tight lines.....

#14 ·
hey joe, i know we kid around and all and the laughs are had (btw jim and i were discussing the limerick thread and feel bad we hijacked it into a fury of impulsive attacking.) but wtf? congratulations on the new bride! i am extremely happy for you. you are truly one of the good guys on this planet and i really wish you all the best. the cat was nice huh? wanna jump on and get some cubans and relax in ns but maybe next year. be good bro and see ya on the limerick thread as i am sure they are not done with me. lol

#15 ·
Eh Joe, thanks for the nice comments on Nova Scotia, it is a great place to live. Of course I never lived anywhere else so I wouldn't know the difference. Should try to get up in June and try the Stewiacke river for stripers. I don't believe the striper fishing is as good down on the south shore where you were as it is along the Minas Basin up in northern Nova Scotia. Alot of little ones running now,,Congats on your marriage and take care!!
Dobb

#17 ·
Thanks for the good wishes...guys. I had thought of taking the cruise ship with those short bus hops around N.S. Glad I didn't. Would'a missed a lot. Say.... you guys sure like those American muscle cars up there. Talked to a few owners.......then saw a lot of victory doughnuts burnt into the highways.

tight lines.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.