2013 Delaware river reports (post'em here) - Page 9 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Delaware River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Delaware River A Forum for The Delaware River guys.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:23 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Default Re: 2013 Delaware river reports (post'em here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamlunchbox View Post
Glad you made it back safe. It can get iffy out there in a small boat when the wind kicks up. I've had some fun rides with the motor running
Yeah I've navigated some crazy water out there in last 6 years yesterday wasn't too bad but without power thts the scary part after drifting for 3 minutes jus drop anchor and weather it out. Just couldn't get at the shear pin safely had all i needed to fix it on spot but I jus decided to swallow my pride, put my life first and call for the tow and didn't want to pay 250$ from sea tow so I called the boys in blue for what was prob the first time of my life calling 911 but I pay taxes so its only right I take advantage of tht system. Hey I owe them two guys from philadelphia police marine unit a lot the winds and rains were brutal just anchored up helpless. Sad ending to a trip tht produce only one rat and a nice cat. On my way out now....
Tks for the concern everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2013, 02:09 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Angry Re: 2013 Delaware river reports (post'em here)

With the way I been skunked and then beet up yesterday, those 2 footers rolling up river jus didn't make me to excited about bein out with 2 in the boat today. If I was alone prob woulda gave it a shot but never even took the boat off the rack went and took ride to Frankford arsenal to see if i could fish in close without getting beet up but even tho sign says open April 1st it still had gate closed and closed sign up. So wont b on the river til Friday. Shoulda had my butt up earlier like intended the winds are jus to much at this time of day today.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:41 PM
Striper Hunter

fished from 130 to about 3 ups nothing not even a cat still waiting on the blitz guess they gonna be around in a week or 2 lets go
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-01-2013, 10:37 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Got good news and great news....good news first: got info on the shad netters in the bay as well as minnow netters in back creeks of delaware bay. Shad netters have pulled their nets due to no shad and nets filled with 30"-36" bass and no shad claiming every net filled with these class bass. Bay is chocked full they say so much tht even back creeks are filled with bass. Minnow netter reports releasing 3 striped bass from minnow net 30, 32, 36" bass and one released got taken by a seal right in front of him.
Here's the great news.....bass can travel estimated 20 miles a day when they are answering the call of nature ( ie. migration )
5-10 days we will start seeing those bass in our waters in and around Philly. Hopefully a week or so after tht we start seeing the real cows from say '98 class and older. To all those putting in ya time it's about to pay off soon keep at it. Catch'em up.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:58 PM
Dumb luck fisherman

Ready and waiting.
Old 04-03-2013, 12:18 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

They are here let the fun begin....they been slamming the stripers today south of cbb its go time....catch'em up
Old 04-03-2013, 02:02 PM
Dumb luck fisherman

Dude, yer killing me! Are you heading down this weekend? I'm trying for Saturday and Sunday!
Old 04-03-2013, 02:12 PM
Striper Hunter

I'm out here now under the CBB just got out here I haven't got no hits yet let me know if you see me mu fish
Old 04-03-2013, 02:13 PM
Striper Hunter

I guess I better get back out there before you two catch em all
Old 04-03-2013, 10:30 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Sorry guys I wasn't the one catch'en'em friend of mine was down there and caught 4 from 28"-36" (in 2 hrs) all on bloods had me pumped at work so I linked up with Saltlife right from work and we fished ups along the banks (didn't have time to grab the boat) and we fished from 6:30-10pm and we caught 3 shorts all on bloods and had non-stop action the whole time missed at least 10 hits. All in all good trip for a last minute straight from work trip. And I don't even bank fish the Big D so u know I was pumped if I was willing to fish the banks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	65.3 KB
ID:	16370  
Old 04-03-2013, 10:42 PM
Dumb luck fisherman

I need to stop looking at this thread after a few drinks....I'm ready to head out now!

Might have a minute tomorrow morning to hit the pier but it might have to wait till Friday. Yer killen me smalls!
Old 04-03-2013, 10:47 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Quote:
Originally Posted by natenlogansdad View Post
I need to stop looking at this thread after a few drinks....I'm ready to head out now!

Might have a minute tomorrow morning to hit the pier but it might have to wait till Friday. Yer killen me smalls!
Lol yeah I'm a nut when it comes to stripers ill be going out before sun comes up to fish a few hours before work somedays then leaving work to go fish also gone try swing a early morning trip sat before work but if not ill be out sun-mon logging hours! I'd fish every day all day of I could get away wit it.
Old 04-04-2013, 11:29 AM
Striper Hunter

Fished from 1-4 off the bank under he cbb the wind was crazy but at least i caught my first striper it was a short buy still happy with o catch something besides a catfish so I ready now lets go and mu I'm trying to link up I got gas and bloods to bring lets go inbox me so we can make t his happen lets go seriously
Old 04-04-2013, 12:54 PM
Striper Virgin

Stalker here, ha ha read a lot, don't post much but over the course of 3 years I have acquired a boat with some balls finally and I am ready to hit the river for the spring run of stripers.

Anyone see or hear of any fish up near Trenton yet? or are still south of philly?

Thanks,

Joe
Old 04-04-2013, 01:14 PM
Official Member

I'm looking for a ramp on the jersey side near the Cbb. I usually fish palmyra area but lookin to head south .