Haven't been on in a while - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Rhode Island Fishing
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Rhode Island Fishing Rhode Island striped bass fishing - Local discussion & reports

Old 04-16-2010, 05:19 PM
Cow Catcher

Default Haven't been on in a while

Hope yall ready for the upcoming season. My gear and I are ready to go.. I will be chasing some Tog this upcoming week. Then off to catch some stripers. Hopefully I'll pull a 50 this year... If not I know I'll fish with good company and get some good laughs. Maybe meet some new faces. I plan to fish cutty and the Block this year also.
Tight Lines. as soon as I start catching I'll start posting pics because I got a new underwater camera... He's a few from the local herring run..Not Mike Laptews work but shes water proof.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P4120034.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	13178   Click image for larger version

Name:	P4120043.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	23.6 KB
ID:	13179  
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2010, 05:32 PM
The Artist Formerly known as Jackbass
Pro Staff

Default Re: Haven't been on in a while

No one missed you either
Old 04-19-2010, 08:02 PM
First Mate

Can you feel the love?! I wish we could use those herring. Finding bunker seems to be harder then finding stripers half the time. I see herring all over the place though. You gotta be seeing some schoolies by now no?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2010, 08:06 PM
Cow Catcher

I can see By all the replies...lol.
Just have to start waving with the middle finger while I'm fishing
Mark I still yet to test one of your plugs.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:13 PM
Cow Catcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by clopes View Post
Can you feel the love?! I wish we could use those herring. Finding bunker seems to be harder then finding stripers half the time. I see herring all over the place though. You gotta be seeing some schoolies by now no?
Ya theres some schoolies and Heard of a few in the teens. The way NJ's been there should be a push of descent fish SOON.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:09 PM
Veteran Elite

Why don't you just post the pic's of my fish from 2 weeks ago since you don't have any yet I'm still waiting for my prize on last years 1st fish. No new faces around my spots.......if your taking the upside reel guy. New eel tank since Puffy is gone. I'm setting 6 pots by weeks end. I figured I spent almost a grand last year on eels. I say it every year but the traps are in the mail and I should have them by weeks end along with a couple larger ones from NB.
Old 04-19-2010, 10:11 PM
Veteran Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackbass View Post
No one missed you either
How did I miss this??????????
Old 04-20-2010, 06:50 AM
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKBAYJ View Post
No new faces around my spots.......if your taking the upside reel guy.

Picking on me again. This year I will be backwards upside downing with a VS That is why they call me Super Googan. I just haven't figured out how to use the Baitrunner on it yet.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:34 AM
Young salt

Point good to see you're still kicking around. I had fears that ya fell in the canal while doing some offseason scouting and that big honkin' chain of yours dragged ya to the bottom never to be heard from again. In all seriouness though man ya gotta start posting your 'Joke of the day to insult everyone' jokes again as I always recall them being pretty damn funny. I'm headed down the Cape to fish with my uncles the second week of June, somewhere around the 12th-14th, and should be down there for a good 4-5 days anyway. So Point, BackBay, Clopes, Jackbass and whoever else may be kicking around the canal/Cape Cod area, I'd love to meet up and do some fishing with you guys if you're gonna be around.

StriperHyper ~ Will
Old 04-20-2010, 10:28 AM
Cow Catcher

Quote:
Why don't you just post the pic's of my fish from 2 weeks ago since you don't have any yet I'm still waiting for my prize on last years 1st fish. No new faces around my spots.......if your taking the upside reel guy. New eel tank since Puffy is gone. I'm setting 6 pots by weeks end. I figured I spent almost a grand last year on eels. I say it every year but the traps are in the mail and I should have them by weeks end along with a couple larger ones from NB.
I like the how you make the bet...after you catch the fish..Just like the mafia guy you are(fixed bets).
Dude the dude fishing with the reel upside down is hilarious!!!! I had to ask him to take a picture and HE WAS PROUD OF FISHING THAT WAY!!! which was cool...lol
The rivers loaded with eels so you shouldnt have a problems catching them. Maybe a problem with curious hands though.
2 years in a row catching the first fish but.....i still think that the picture from last year..
Old 04-20-2010, 10:30 AM
Cow Catcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by StriperHyper View Post
Point good to see you're still kicking around. I had fears that ya fell in the canal while doing some offseason scouting and that big honkin' chain of yours dragged ya to the bottom never to be heard from again. In all seriouness though man ya gotta start posting your 'Joke of the day to insult everyone' jokes again as I always recall them being pretty damn funny. I'm headed down the Cape to fish with my uncles the second week of June, somewhere around the 12th-14th, and should be down there for a good 4-5 days anyway. So Point, BackBay, Clopes, Jackbass and whoever else may be kicking around the canal/Cape Cod area, I'd love to meet up and do some fishing with you guys if you're gonna be around.

StriperHyper ~ Will
Well you picked a good time to go. Grab some big eels and some sharp hooks. Im sure you will have no trouble finding fish.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:41 AM
Cow Catcher

Quote:
How did I miss this??????????
Quote:
No one missed you either
Old 04-20-2010, 12:32 PM
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Point View Post
Don't tell me we hurt your feeling.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:59 PM
Cow Catcher

Quote:
Don't tell me we hurt your feeling.
Nothing offends me... So you couldn't hurt my feelings if you tried.
Was Just busting Balls. Im sure I'll see ya guys around (just stay off my rock).lol
If I dont see ya I'm sure i'll see plenty of fish pictures from ya. I'm stoked about the Olympus WP camera.. 150 bucks from walmart with warranty, I know the Surf is going to beat it up harder then Chris Brown beat Rihanna...
Old 06-05-2010, 09:13 AM
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Point View Post
Im sure I'll see ya guys around (just stay off my rock).lol
I was on "your" rock this morning

Figured since you weren't using it, I might as well