Ice - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Delaware River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Delaware River A Forum for The Delaware River guys.

Old 01-31-2015, 06:47 PM
Dumb luck fisherman

Default Ice

The banks have been icing up lately. Won't be long until it'll be all the way across. Gonna be cold this week. I may need to stop fishing soon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2015, 12:47 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Default Re: Ice

Glad to see you were giving it a go this winter. I have seen some icing on the coves and piers and one day there was good coating of paper thin ice all the way across the river but I don't think the main river will get cover in ice this year not in philly area anyway which is a plus for us. I'm already itching to put a bass on my line and it's only been a few weeks. Can't wait til it starts weather permitting I'll be out on the first.
Old 02-09-2015, 09:39 PM
Dumb luck fisherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mu fish View Post
Glad to see you were giving it a go this winter. I have seen some icing on the coves and piers and one day there was good coating of paper thin ice all the way across the river but I don't think the main river will get cover in ice this year not in philly area anyway which is a plus for us. I'm already itching to put a bass on my line and it's only been a few weeks. Can't wait til it starts weather permitting I'll be out on the first.
Man I hope you're right. I've been out almost every day on my lunch throwing lures just to keep the rust off. Picked up my first bait caster last weekend and am working the kinks out on that now. Been a lot of fun so far, all I need is a fish or two and I'll be all set.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2015, 03:31 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Man with this weather this week day time temp today presently 17f at 3:30pm and only 2 days over next 10 projected to be above freezing temp of 32 that river will almost certainly get iced over and the mountains have been getting more snow so Another late run is highly probable.
Old 02-16-2015, 07:07 PM
Dumb luck fisherman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mu fish View Post
Man with this weather this week day time temp today presently 17f at 3:30pm and only 2 days over next 10 projected to be above freezing temp of 32 that river will almost certainly get iced over and the mountains have been getting more snow so Another late run is highly probable.
Unfortunately I've been thinking the same thing. Last years ice started earlier down here. I thought there might be a slight chance it wasn't going to happen but it looks like it inevitable.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:22 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Yeah it's happening. At sugar house last night you could skip across the river on the ice flow and like I said with this weeks temps it's basically a done deal that the river will freeze over. Sucks cause I really thought like I said above we were going to have a bigger push of bass further up River then normal from the salinity level being higher but without a doubt the levels will be lower then average and will keep the majority of the spawners more south then north again this year. I'll be puttin miles on the boat I'm sure this year. I was starting to get pumped and now I'm back in winter mode looking at the river thinking my first won't come in March this year. Damn u old man winter lol
Old 02-17-2015, 08:38 PM
Dumb luck fisherman

Looks like you'll finally have to come around my neck of the woods. I'll be grabbing the Delaware boat license again this year so if you want to hitch a ride, just hop in. I'll be putting in at the commodore Barry and heading down towards the Delaware Memorial.
Old 02-17-2015, 08:47 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Yup yup sounds like a plan. I'll deff be down there alil more especially early on in the season. Just shoot me a text sometime. I'm pretty sure I still have Ya number logged in my old phone but I've lost a few contacts for some reason probably from replacing so many iPhone this past year. We'll get at'em I've already started studying that area and south in preparation.
Old 02-17-2015, 09:13 PM
Dumb luck fisherman

For your studies...

http://www.nauticalchartsonline.com/...om?chart=12312
Old 03-07-2015, 01:45 PM
Muuuu...Cow Chaser.

Still ice in the river in philly and I'll get a good look at the upper River on Sunday but I'm sure that has plenty ice especially the ponds and lake connected to the river. The river won't see any bass in March. :( gues im hitting the bay and beaches next week
Old 03-07-2015, 05:43 PM
Dumb luck fisherman

Essington this week was looking better. Still plenty of ice building up against piers and docks in the direction of wherever the tide is flowing towards but at least you can see water flowing in the middle of the river. Went over the Commadore Barry about a half hour ago and saw the channel was looking good and all of the ice was out of the current. It's getting better but I'm with MU?
Old 03-09-2015, 10:00 PM
Dumb luck fisherman

Ice is starting to fade away. Got my line wet today while on my lunch break in Essington. Soon guys, soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	49.4 KB
ID:	22290