Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

information great kills

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Striperjim 
#1 ·
I'm retired striper fishing addict,but never tried fishing staten island. live in n.j. fished cape cod, rhode island,montauk,north carolina .only surf. I would like some advice. thanks:redface:

#2 ·
Having fished everywhere you have you should pretty much have it down. Techniques for fishing SI are no different then fishing the Jersey side of the bay.

#4 ·
Hi Chaser I fished GK since I was a kid. A mile or two of beach front, harbor, bogs, jetty and you can reach the channel even at high tide on the entrance side to the harbor. Its about 19 feet deep a few feet from shore at low. Bunker gather there in droves daily. Boat traffic makes the harbor entrance impossible to fish during the day. Bunker snagging is good from shore. Fun place to fish.
At crooks point you need the gateway fishing permit, to park and for night fishing. The park closes at dusk without the permit. Of course in the daytime a permit isnt needed but to get to the back of the harbor and to the point a permit is necessary to drive through. (No vehicles without permit beyond point) Otherwise its a long walk from the beach parking areas.

I have a difficult time with the distance now. Im limited to the harbor side. Soft sand is impossible for me. :icon_sad: Health issue.
Zim and I will show you guys the island layout. The fish should start filling in soon maybe 2-3 weeks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.