why collect antique fishing reels? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Equipment & Tackle --- How To / Do It Yourself Forums > Plugs and Plug Building
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Plugs and Plug Building This is our lure and plug building forum.

Old 08-11-2007, 01:00 AM
Surf's Up

Default why collect antique fishing reels?

my own fascination in collecting (old reels) lies n the knowledge that of these simple machines has been used,cared for, even doted upon by one or more fellow fisherman dose. beyond that quasi-mystical experience in the design of the reel. i can think of no other hand-powered machine which has undergone such remarkable evlution and yet must still be powerd by hand, even in this of the elerric tie rack. that evolution reflects the remaker's attempts to compensate for the hand's deficiencies. the modern casting reel automatically compensates for line deceleration during casting and prevents backlash;it winds the line evenly on the spool during retieval;itapplies drag to the spool when a hooked fish attempts to swim away. all of these functions once performed by the anglers finger." I LEARD ALL OF THIS BY FIXING REELS AT YOUNG AGE I DO TO MUCH REEL FIXING ON OLD AND NEW REELS I HOPE U LIKE THE INFO IVE GIVEN ITS NOT MUCH ENJOY.
Advertisement