Grayson Lake Wipers - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > Kentucky
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 08-01-2011, 07:30 PM
Official Member

Default Grayson Lake Wipers

I am new to this area (from KS originally) and am finally getting into fishing again. We left off fishing mostly wipers and stripers out there.

I have located and caught some good bait size gizzards in the lake, evening seems to be the only time they were shallow enough to net.

Where are the good locations to hook up with the hybrids in summer pool.

The water is 88-90*
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2011, 07:51 AM
Pro Staff

Default Re: Grayson Lake Wipers

Welcome to the forum amoore!
Yeah, I'd say eek! about 88-90 degree water, too! I'm not familiar with Grayson Lake, but it's probably a safe bet to say that with those water temps striped bass are most likely to be found in the deeper/cooler waters of the lake (near the dam?). I'd also check out the mouths of the rivers that feed the lake system to see if the water is cooler there, and check out the fingers off the main part of the lake where the water is in the shadow of the bluffs around sunrise. Just a wild ass guess, but if I were fishing the lake for the first time, that's where I'd be focusing my efforts first. I'd also stop in at Gifford's Outdoor Shop on Rt. 7, drop a few bucks and see what local advice they have to offer you
Old 08-02-2011, 08:45 AM
Official Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JakeF View Post
Welcome to the forum amoore!
Yeah, I'd say eek! about 88-90 degree water, too! I'm not familiar with Grayson Lake, but it's probably a safe bet to say that with those water temps striped bass are most likely to be found in the deeper/cooler waters of the lake (near the dam?). I'd also check out the mouths of the rivers that feed the lake system to see if the water is cooler there, and check out the fingers off the main part of the lake where the water is in the shadow of the bluffs around sunrise. Just a wild ass guess, but if I were fishing the lake for the first time, that's where I'd be focusing my efforts first. I'd also stop in at Gifford's Outdoor Shop on Rt. 7, drop a few bucks and see what local advice they have to offer you
Thanks fo the ideas. I am actually staying in Fairhaven, MA this week. We are working at Titleist for the yearly shutdown. We are based out of southern OH.

Small world!
Old 08-02-2011, 10:36 AM
Pro Staff

Nice! They must have put you up at the Hampton, right? I work right down the street from the Titleist ball plant on Barnet, at AHEAD, Inc. Small world indeed! Welcome to New Bedford, otherwise known as Little Portugal