Fishin the Cumberland at Stone's River - Nashville, TN - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > Tennessee Stripers and Wipers
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 07-21-2008, 06:38 PM

Red face Fishin the Cumberland at Stone's River - Nashville, TN

Hey guys. I'm not really new to fishing but I am to the point where I'm tired of trying without some experienced advice. :) I love to fish for anything that will put up a hint of a fight but fell in love with Stripers under the bridge at Langford's Cove. The buggers were small but I'd stay up all night to play with them.
Anyway. I've caught a few small ones out on the Cumberland River between the Old Hickory bridge and Stone's (Stoner's) River. I know that the big ones are down deep and the depth of the river ranges from 22 feet to 38 feet. My first question is how do I get down that low? I'm only used to using spinner baits or the old worm, hook and bobber. I'm not advanced enough to know a lot of the jargon so please go easy on me.
Anyone from around here or anywhere who can help? Good advice in laymen's terms is most appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-22-2008, 04:39 PM
Official Member

Default Re: Fishin the Cumberland at Stone's River - Nashville, TN

It would be a wonderful idea to check out this forum.
Stripers 101 - The Beginners Clinic

There is a wealth of information here.
Welcome to the site and happy hunting.
Old 07-22-2008, 06:30 PM
swabbie

Default Re: Fishin the Cumberland at Stone's River - Nashville, TN

i always fished with jigs, spoons and sinking lures, my son got me to fishing with live bait, put on a swivel attach some leader line to it 3 feet or so and your hook for the bait. at the swivel add l lead sinker attached to the swivel. click the reel open and set the clicker, or let the drag off and close the reel get ready to hang on. having said all that he keeps a jerk bait to cast to the fish busting the top of the water, that works also.
we both leaned something and both methods will catch fish

ron