Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

My PB day on the water to date

Tags
date day water
3K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  BUB 
#1 ·
Launched out of Greene County to fish the outgoing tide this morning. Bait started out a bit tough but I was able to catch my limit. After wetting my lines I didn't get a chance to sit down. One run and drop after another. Killed half of my bait with no hook-ups. Reluctantly, I decided to dunk some chunk. 4 fish back to back 30-35.5". Made a rookie mistake and dumped my dead herring out of my bucket while refreshing the livewell. Tossed out some live and boated 5 more from 36-38. One was a 37.5 male with a tag. It put up one hell of a fight. The bastard thrashed so hard while being boated that he broke my net.
Things quieted down for the rest of the outgoing. I decided to stay out 30 mins longer than planned. Glad I did. After years and years and break-ups and jobs quit etc... I finally broke the 40 mark. A beautiful 41" slob of a fish. Perfect time to not have a net. That was interesting to say the least.
It was a day that I'll definitely remember forever. The only real downside was not having someone with me to snap a pic before she swam away. Hopefully I see her again in a few years.

10 fish 41" 2PBs

#2 ·
WOOOO HOOOOO woohoo.gif

WTG man !!! We did it. Doesn't it feel awesome, like a huge weight off your shoulders.

I know how much it meant to you too. Probably still grinning :GreenBeret:

WHAT A YEAR it's been. Numbers & so many bigger fish around.

Congrats
BB

#6 ·
WOOOO HOOOOO woohoo.gif

WTG man !!! We did it. Doesn't it feel awesome, like a huge weight off your shoulders.

I know how much it meant to you too. Probably still grinning
Yes we did! Good thing we didn't hold our breath.
It absolutely feels that way. I know 41 isn't a monster by any means, but I'm damn proud to hit that mark. I almost feel sorry for the people who get so lucky early on. You just couldn't possibly understand unless you've gone through it like we have. Definitely a flood of emotions. It was amazing watching her swim off after some TLC.

Now what? 45+? lol

Thank you fellas

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.