Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Open Water

Tags
open water
3K views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  Capt Ace 
#1 ·
The Ice is broken up in Troy and I reserved my dock today. It is coming fast I cant wait, what about everyone else?

#2 ·
Yeah man !!!! Water was flowing good here in Bethlehem yesterday, still some ice.

I am hoping to start weekend of 4/18 (that's ONLY 3 weeks) woohoo.gif but things will have to start popping quick. No later than a 4/25 start for me.

I have a feeling some marinas and towns are going to be a bit behind getting docks in ... that will be a bummer if guys are ready to fish and they are not ready.

We'll see.

Good luck :icon_thelmutsalute:

BB

#5 ·
Things have opened up pretty decent in the last 4 days..Could probably throw the yak or creek boat in amongst the floes now but why bother..
some preparations and playing with the big rig this weekend..
If the sun shines nice and air temps rise , I will take a trip over to Jelly Roll Island next week to prep for camping ..
Realistically, fishing wise, I'm 3 weeks to scouting..

Docks could be an issue but dumping the short boat in is not a problem here to be in the game..

#6 ·
Things have opened up pretty decent in the last 4 days..Could probably throw the yak or creek boat in amongst the floes now but why bother..
some preparations and playing with the big rig this weekend..
If the sun shines nice and air temps rise , I will take a trip over to Jelly Roll Island next week to prep for camping ..
Realistically, fishing wise, I'm 3 weeks to scouting..

Docks could be an issue but dumping the short boat in is not a problem here to be in the game..
Coeymans said there puttin in the North docks (striper docks) first, so you should be all set.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.