Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Hudson Water Temps

16K views 30 replies 13 participants last post by  Ship of Fools 
#1 ·
Does anyone have some water temp readings from the Hudson? Most of the bouy's are down this year. All I see is Poughkeepsie at 43°F the past few days. Wondering about Newburgh and Tappan Zee/Cuomo areas in particular. Not sure I'm quite ready to dewinterize quite yet.

#3 ·
Ok thanks. I checked back and found Tappan Zee area around 48-53°F in 2016 but I didn't get out until May to NB area last year. It was upper 50's by then.

I thought it was warming up slower this year, but looking online I see the air temp avg has been within 1°F of last years avg.

#4 ·
Ok thanks. I checked back and found Tappan Zee area around 48-53°F in 2016 but I didn't get out until May to NB area last year. It was upper 50's by then.

I thought it was warming up slower this year, but looking online I see the air temp avg has been within 1°F of last years avg.
Yep...everyone thinks this year is exceptionally cold but it is really on target for the norm.

#23 ·
Where did you see them , we were out Every day from Tues-Sat Albany area , Corning Preserve to the Dam, hit Every Tide, we were looking for them.
Hope it rains Too!!, wont be out til Tues morning. be fishing every day from Tues-Friday all Tides.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.