Fishing south of CBB? Here's your warning. - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Delaware River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Delaware River A Forum for The Delaware River guys.

Old 03-22-2014, 04:51 PM
Dumb luck fisherman

Default Fishing south of CBB? Here's your warning.

Just south of the CBB you will need delaware license no matter what side of the river you are on and a FIN number. Boats 20' and under can get a boat license that covers everybody in the boat for $40. Each person needs a FIN number, that part is free but it's a ticket if you don't have one. FIN numbers only take a minute to get. Go do it now www.delaware-fin.com.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2014, 12:11 PM
Official Member

Default Re: Fishing south of CBB? Here's your warning.

They gave me a load of crap for warning people about this on here some time ago. I thought the border was in the middle of the river but it comes all the way to the Jersey shore. Hope they don't do the same to you.
Old 03-23-2014, 12:54 PM
Dumb luck fisherman

I think your warning came across wrong. You said they didn't have a license at all, but you do need one, as far as I know, anywhere on the Delaware. Also, they didn't have life jackets. As soon as a boater goes on a dangerous river like the Delaware without basic safety equipment, most people will agree they deserve what they get.

The first time I went down that far, I made the mistake of not realizing I drifted into Delaware waters. I did have all proper safety equipment and then some, along with a fishing license. The cops that boarded my boat were evtremely nice and even complimented my boys for wearing life jackets by giving them coloring books. I couldn't say enough good things about the way they were with us.

I know not everyone's experience is going to be the same and every year there are new guys just lurking on here so I wanted to raise the point that you will need a de license and fin number if you go about a mile south of the bridge. If you do not have safety gear, your an @$$. Period. If something happens on the water you put others at risk when they are out looking to rescue you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2014, 12:57 PM
Dumb luck fisherman

Oh yea, circle hooks. Make sure you are using non offset circle hooks down there.

I don't know if they are only required during certain dates or not, but when we were down there they did check.

Personally, that's all I use now. No gut hooks on them. Ever. ...so far anyway.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:41 PM
Striper Hunter

Thanks. Just in case I head down that way with my yak.
Old 03-25-2014, 11:37 AM
Official Member

You don't need a Jersey license that far down the river, they didn't have a Delaware license so they both got a $100 dollar fine. I agree they needed life jackets which they were fined an additional 100.

A New Jersey fishing license is required at—and upstream of—these locations
GLOUCESTER COUNTY
Big Timber Creek—Required whole length
Delaware River—Commodore Barry bridge at
Bridgeport
Mantua Creek—Required whole length
Oldmans Creek—Rt. 295 bridge
Raccoon Creek—Required whole length
Woodbury Creek—Required whole length

I want to add you do need a salt water registry that is free you can print your own here. http://www.nj.gov/dep/saltwaterregistry/index.html