Surf/inlet fishing - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Surfcasting Central
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Surfcasting Central A forum for Rockhoppers, Sandmen, Beachbuggies, etc.

Old 03-07-2014, 11:25 AM
Official Member

Default Surf/inlet fishing

So I recently bought a penn conflict 8k and a star paraflex 10' surf rod rated for 1.5-5oz lures. I'm putting 500 yds 50lb braid to jig and target tarpon from the inlet and even throw out live mullet or cut mullet for sharks, big reds, and tarpons. What do you think ? Good set up for throwing 2-3oz jigs and bombers and strong enough for casting cut/live bait in the surf?
Also I bought a star stellar lite .5-1.5oz lures 7' rod for my battle 4k. What do you think? 300 yds 15 lb braid. I'll be throwing 1oz poppers and gotchas.
My last combo is my quantum boca pts(silver old version) on a 9 ft sea striker 1-4oz to jig using 2oz jigs for reds and jacks and even throws big gotchas for blues and jacks.
Any past experience will be appreciated. Just want to get an idea of dhow these setups will work. Thanks guys!! Btw I'm new to the website :)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2014, 08:46 AM
Pro Staff

Default Re: Surf/inlet fishing

Hey there. I don't have any experience with those combos or fishing for sharks, reds, or tarpon (this is a striped bass fishing site ), but did want to welcome you aboard. We do have some members, including a forum sponsor or two who target those species periodically, so hopefully someone can help you out.
Cheers!
Old 03-12-2014, 10:41 AM
Official Member

Default Re: Surf/inlet fishing

Hey I do have some experience with the sea striker poles I have 10' sea striker it a good pole for casting and I haven't had any trouble in fighting fish as of yet mainly cause I catch blues and strippers on it my advice is simple make sure your reels can handle the load cause a good fisherman can shorten the fight with a good reel