Grilled Striped Bass??????? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Around The Woodstove > The Lounge > Recipes
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Recipes Cooking your catch. Post your favorite recipes here!

Old 05-05-2005, 09:34 PM
Veteran Elite

Default Grilled Striped Bass???????

Ok, grilled up some of that cow I caught. Was looking at the recipe links on here, well Under Grilled all it gave me was a list of ingredients. What is that??? Fortunately I know my way around a kitchen and managed to mix them all together and make it work. For those of you who aren't sure, I'd love to tell you how I mixed it up, but I'm not too sure so just a few pointers and it will turn out perfect. I lined up all the ingredients on the counter, used the Ranch as a base. Cut the ranch with Whole seed Deli Mustard, 5 or 6 shakes of Tabasco sauce, about the same amount of Worcestershire sauce, a shake of cajun seasoning, a couple shakes of Garlic Salt and a couple shakes of table salt. At that point i mixed it all up and tasted it. The first time it had way too much ranch taste so I cut it with the liquids in the recipe and it turned out perfect. I soaked a thick chunk of fillet for about 30 min then wrapped it in foil, tented the foil and threw it on the grill. Incredible. So after all of that, great list of ingredients, however someone that pays more attention than me in the kitchen should maybe mix up those ingredients and keep track of measurments to help those who have a hard time boiling water out :D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2005, 10:06 PM

Sounds good...

I like my Bass with skin on, scaled...with regular seasonings...salt, pepper, garlic and lots of Old Bay Seasoning...I cut diagonally into the filet and insert lemon slices...mmmm :D

...Hope some of that is comin' up here soon...
Old 05-07-2005, 06:06 PM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

There are more ways to preparestriper than i can count,here is one of my favorites:

Take a medium sized fish(about 10 lbs) and scale the fish and cut into 1" thick bone in steaks,the segments of backbone on a fish this size are about 1" thick,I remove the dorsal by cutting along it on both sides down to the backbone and pull it out,the last 1/3rd of the fish can be filleted as usual for another meal.

Now take your steak,wash and pat dry,take one side of the belly meat and roll and tuck it inside the cavity,wrap the other belly flap around the steak and pin it with a tooth pick.
Soak the steaks on each side for about 15-20 minutes in tequilla,white wine or vodka can also be used,but tequilla gives the best flavor.
while the fish is soaking,make a mix of 2 tbl spoons of olive oil, the juice from two limes (lemon works also but use only one) one tbl spoon of shrimp scauce one tbl spoon of spicy brown mustard and a tbl spoon of soy scauce, and a pinch of sugar, mix it up with a wisk, , remove the fish from tequilla,which probably soaked up anyway and pat dry with a paper towel sprinkle both sides with black pepper,onion and garlic powder,brush both sides of the steak with the marinade and coat with poppy seeds cook on hot grill about 15 minutes...do not turn the fish, serve with grilled eggplant and summer squash that was marinated in Italian salad dressing
enjoy!
Advertisement

Old 05-07-2005, 08:18 PM

Default Man that sounds good

I have some fresh cod in the fridge any ideas ? Usually I just butter, lemon and a few bread crumbs

Today I made fresh scallops in a butter and coconut rum saut?.
Heated butter and two small caps of coconut rum
Dipped the scallops in milk and the bread crumbs
Pan seared them on each side for about 4 minutes and before a flip squeezed fresh lemon on it.

A bed of fresh greens with a drizzle of Russian dressing and topped with the scallops. One more squeeze of lemon and top with any remaining butter sauce.
Old 05-07-2005, 08:35 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

Spicy Cornmeal Cod
These golden fillets are coated with a cornmeal-herb mixture and baked to crispy perfection.

1 1/2 pounds cod, perch or other medium-firm fish fillets, about 1/2 inch thick
3/4 cup cornmeal
1/4 cup Gold Medal? all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper (cayenne)
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 eggs
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted

1. Heat oven to 500?F.
2. Cut fish fillet into 4x2-inch pieces. Mix remaining ingredients except eggs and butter. Dip fish into eggs, then coat with cornmeal mixture.
3. Place fish on ungreased cookie sheet. Drizzle butter over fish. Bake 10 to 12 minutes, turning fish once, until golden brown.

Old 05-07-2005, 08:37 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

Beer-Battered Fish
Fishing fans in the family? This is a scrumptious (and easy) way to fix their catch!

Vegetable oil
1 pound fish fillet or 1 pound uncooked peeled deveined large shrimp, thawed if frozen
3 to 4 tablespoons Original Bisquick? mix
1 cup Original Bisquick? mix
1/2 cup beer
1 egg
1/2 teaspoon salt

1. Heat oil (1 1/2 inches) in heavy saucepan or deep fryer to 350?F. Lightly coat fish with 3 to 4 tablespoons Bisquick mix.
2. Mix remaining ingredients with hand beater until smooth. (If batter is too thick, stir in additional beer, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency.) Dip fish into batter, letting excess drip into bowl.
3. Fry fish about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown; drain. Serve hot and, if desired, with tartar sauce.

High Altitude (3500-6500 ft)
Heat oil to 330?F to 335?F.

Old 05-07-2005, 08:41 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

Lemon Pepper Baked striper
Bake a batch of striped bass with a tasty lemon pepper coating that?s great for any mild-flavored fish.

2 tablespoons butter or margarine
2/3 cup Original Bisquick mix
1/4 cup yellow cornmeal
1/2 teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning salt
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 egg
2 tablespoons water
1 pound striper fillet

1. Heat oven to 425?F. Melt butter in rectangular pan, 13x9x2 inches, in oven.
2. Stir Bisquick mix, cornmeal, lemon pepper seasoning salt and salt. Mix egg and water. Dip fish into egg mixture, then coat with Bisquick mixture. Place in pan.
3. Bake uncovered 10 minutes. Turn fish with spatula; bake 15 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with fork.

Old 05-07-2005, 09:01 PM

yumm
Old 05-08-2005, 07:29 PM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Cuz,
I keep it simple with cod and haddock,the flavor of the fish is too delicate to mess with,bread crumbs,garlic and salt and pepper work for me..

Zim,
those sound great i'm going to try the spicy one on the wolffish....

Rock
Old 05-09-2005, 12:50 AM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

excellent!