Fishing Report-Flounder Catching at its Best (w/Pics) - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Striper Guides & Charters
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Striper Guides & Charters Fishing Reports from Striped Bass Fishing Captains. (All other registered members can reply to threads, but only the Guides can start threads.)

Old 05-28-2009, 12:31 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Fishing Report-Flounder Catching at its Best (w/Pics)

Fly & Light Tackle Guiding Year Around
Office: 410-744-2351
Fishing Report
Boat: 443-690-3164
Follow my Twitter

Flounder Catching at its Best-05/22/09

We headed down Rt. 13 to Quinby, VA to enjoy out annual flounder trip with Capt. Royce Parks aboard his 40' Sport Fisherman boat known as the "Ron Jo".

The crew consisted of Bill, Don, Dave Kassakatis, John Keeler and myself. I've been making this trip since 2004 and each year it becomes more enjoyable. Fishing with good friends always turns out to be a good trip no matter how many fish are caught.

John Keeler set up my rig on light spinning tackle which allowed me to have a very productive day. The 1st flounder fell for a Berkley Gulp 3" Yellow Jigging Grub, rigged on a 3/0 Kahle hook. The bottom hook, shown in the pictures, was for live bait.

Special Flounder Rig by John Keeler

We were catching flounder, averaging 17" from the time we started until the tide went slack, around 2:30PM. The total caught was 60 flounders, with 2 being keeper size.

Dave Kassakatis.....One Happy Angler

Special Thanks: To Bill and Judy Kassakatis, who were kind enough to let us at their home in Ocean City, MD.

I'm already looking forward to next year's get together. Until then, tight lines and calm seas.

Tight Lines,

Capt. Tom Hughes
http://www.capttomhughes.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement