Cape Cod Eastham - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Surfcasting Central
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Surfcasting Central A forum for Rockhoppers, Sandmen, Beachbuggies, etc.

Old 06-02-2008, 10:00 AM
Official Member

Default Cape Cod Eastham

Hello I will be in Eastham Ma. for 2 weeks at the end on june to july staying in Eastham. Does anyone have advice on Fishing from shore there?
We are staying on the Bayside but only 2 minutes to National Shore. Any input and advice will be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2008, 12:54 PM
swabbie

Default Re: Cape Cod Eastham

Get yourself a good surfcasting rod (at least 10') with 18 - 20lb line. That time of year the water will be a bit warm so you'll do better at night if you can get out. On the bay try Sunken Meadow beach in Eastham - it's great for blues. Duck harbor in Wellfleet is pretty good except at low tide. You can also try fishing from the jetty in Wellfleet except at low tide.

All of the ocean side beaches produce if there isn't any mung weed in the water. Go down to one at low tide and look for holes, then fish them when the tide moves in.

Your best bet would be Race Point in Ptown if you can make the drive and don't mind hiking out there a bit. You can also take a ferry at Jack's boat rentals to go out to the tip of Ptown (forget what they call it). You can light tackle fish there for bass, blues, and fluke.

Fresh sand eels are the best bait. Gone Fishing in Wellfleet on rt.6 is a good tackle shop and can give you advice on where to go. Good luck!
Old 06-02-2008, 02:44 PM
Official Member

Thanks we will be within walking distance of Sunken Meadow.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-02-2008, 10:32 PM
Striper Hunter

Watch out for those horse and green bottle flies! You may catch the end of their season. Man do they hurt and their bites leave welts! I fished the last two summers that I was up there out of Chatham near where the storm broke through. Had a lot of seals as company and caught only blues!
I haven't been on the Cape since 2 summers ago, boy do I miss it! Although my brand new car was dented by a kick apparently because of my Yankees cap left on my dash that July 2006. Glad it wasn't on top of my head! Wish I had/have a 247 hat instead(shameless ploy)!
Good luck and post a report!
Jeff in NY
Old 06-03-2008, 02:51 PM
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by irenegade View Post
Wish I had/have a 247 hat instead(shameless ploy)!
You're on my list if I can ever find the time to make some more. PM me your mailing address
Old 06-05-2008, 03:15 PM

Golfn....we're headed to the same area last week of july into aug. let me know how you make out and what you learn about the area. I'm new to Serfn and will take any advice i can get. good luck.

i was surprised to hear that you can go in the bay though...thought the water temp would be too high??
Old 06-05-2008, 09:29 PM

Oman the greenies are bad, but they dont come until the first full moon in june or something wierd timing like that. They're like mutant horse flies and if by some extrodinary stroke of luck u actually hit one before it bites you, either bury it, or dismember the body cuz if you dont't they'll get up and fly away 5minutes later hah. they're crazy. i live in yarmouth, dont know the eastham area very well but the blues are running on the sound side pretty much everywhere. I hit one in the head on my first cast last night in west dennis :)
Old 06-05-2008, 09:31 PM

bay side is actually good too, Chapin beach in dennis port is hitting keepers with sea worms and eels from when i was out there last week. course i didnt catch nething, just everyone around me :/
Old 06-05-2008, 10:48 PM
Veteran Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by baitrunner View Post
You're on my list if I can ever find the time to make some more. PM me your mailing address
Jake I'd love a hat also. I can donate with my company to make a few more. Let me know the minimum and how much.
Old 06-05-2008, 11:51 PM
Striper Hunter

Nubcakes(what is that?), I always stay in South Dennis at my sister-in-law and her family's place about twice a year! We used to supplement that with stays at the Irish Village right after Labor Day weekend.
Those Green bottle flies also get mad if you swipe and miss, they keep coming back at you!
Next time I hope to wet some line up in/near P-Town, although I'm a bit reluctant to be out there night time.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:45 PM
Lurker supreme

I'm taking the family camping near P-Town the 29th thru the 6th. I'll be over at Race Point almost daily and plan on fishing the rocks at night once or twice. Caught nothing but razor toothed blues last year hopefully will get a striper or two this year!