The Roccus and his plugs... - Page 2 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Equipment & Tackle --- How To / Do It Yourself Forums > Plugs and Plug Building
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Plugs and Plug Building This is our lure and plug building forum.

Old 07-25-2007, 11:02 PM

Default Re: The Roccus and his plugs...

Some nice work there. Does he sell them or the he just build for personal use?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2007, 01:21 AM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

theres a ton of pics in the rod and plug building forum...a lot of good ones in the link jim gave you..but tons more in the forum...lots of threads with pics..roc does some kick ass stuff...his handcarved bunker, the "old school" 40 style plug, the unicorn, ....his goo goo eyes, bottleneck, dannies, needles..you name it hes got pics of em in there...oh..his favorite.."giant" pikies are a must see...sudsy has some awesome stuff in there...he didnt build much this year..but im sure he will have more pics up this winter comming....salty dog...hes new to this site..but not new to building..he makes real fine lookin..and im sure fine swimming and popping plugs...all about fishing...good stuff there too, floatsum....he learning....very cool ideas..he will do well....ed white.....he knows how to airbrush..and is dying to get a lathe...he will also do very well, hes very talented...smulax...on his way up the quality ladder real quick...he catches on fast...gonna be some top notch stuff outta him this winter...i make some too..i learned a ton from roccus...he has so many helpful tips posted here and he spent a day showing me a few things...but most important he taught me a lot about the fish...its easier to make plugs, i think, when you have a basic understanding of the habbits of the fish...you have a vision of where your going with the plug throughout the whole proccess...with the intent of landing a cow on it...when you are confident your plugs wont fail with a fifty on the business end...your onto something.you will always have success and sometimes fail..be persistant..it will pay off. jeeze, i know im forgetting a few builders..sorry guys..its after midnight and i gotta go to bed....ill post again tomorrow..
Old 07-30-2007, 03:41 PM
I had a BLAST!

Location: I'm from Manhattan, live in Ct, & my heart is in SOCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roccus View Post
Thank you both for your kind words.

I grew up a poor farm boy, at least from a monitary stand point, money, has never meant much to me, probably because I've never realy had any,neither did my parents, they worked until the day they died, most likely I will too, as long as I've got food in my belly and enough money to get me through each day, even if it means meager rations, I'm happy, when you come into this world you arrive bare @$$ and have nothing, when you leave, you leave with the clothes on your back, anything you have accumulated inbetween is worthless, if ,you dont share it with others.. as my good friend Absolute Ahnie says" if I share what I have, it comes back to me"... this is a montra that many could benifit by... so I say to you, I'm proud to share a piece of me with you, wheather is is knowledge or something I've made with my hands or provided with my labor ,friendship is what makes a man rich.... and at this stage of my life, I feel like one of the wealthiest men in the world...

More power to ya!
Old 01-09-2008, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roccus
so I say to you, I'm proud to share a piece of me with you, whether is is knowledge or something I've made with my hands or provided with my labor, friendship is what makes a man rich.... and at this stage of my life, I feel like one of the wealthiest men in the world
Here here. Thank You Joe.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:10 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by striperjim View Post
Here here. Thank You Joe.
A man true to his word. Roc has helped me out and his assistance and guidance are great. Listen to everything he says with open ears.
Old 01-09-2008, 01:30 PM
will work for stripers
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeema View Post
A man true to his word. Roc has helped me out and his assistance and guidance are great. Listen to everything he says with open ears.
you got that right...hes a great teacher.