New to Striper Fishing... - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Delaware River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Delaware River A Forum for The Delaware River guys.

Old 04-13-2014, 07:30 PM
Official Member

Default New to Striper Fishing...

Last Night a Buddy took me Striper Fishing for the first time down near the Trenton Makes Bridge, from the start, I knew I was under equipped, I only had a 6 foot ugly stik with a 12 pound line...the lures I had are meant for bass fishing, but a quick trip to the local bait shop, I was able to pick up some blood worms, the whole night, I wasn't able to cast that far out, I decided to pack it up and come home and learn all I can about stripers....I guess, I'll be shopping for some waders and a surfcasting Rod....anything other things I need? I appreciate any info you can pass along..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2014, 10:48 PM
Dumb luck fisherman

Default Re: New to Striper Fishing...

U looking to throw lures or bait?
Old 04-13-2014, 10:57 PM
Official Member

I'm thinking lures
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-15-2014, 07:48 AM
Striper Hunter

I usually fish from a boat with cut bait or live perch now that we can't use the herring.
But me and my buddy stopped down the river under the bridges last night with some plugs to try and catch some after seeing some fish posted on FB.

Well needless to say it's a pretty popular spot right now. There were quite a few guys lined up and they all had waders, that seems to be a necessity and we didn't have any, there were a couple guys that were standing were we could only cast too, and they were catching them up out a little further.

It seems Shallow diving bomber type stick baits are the ticket, I always hear black in color and seen one in one of the pics posted.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:55 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsq22 View Post
I usually fish from a boat with cut bait or live perch now that we can't use the herring.
But me and my buddy stopped down the river under the bridges last night with some plugs to try and catch some after seeing some fish posted on FB.

Well needless to say it's a pretty popular spot right now. There were quite a few guys lined up and they all had waders, that seems to be a necessity and we didn't have any, there were a couple guys that were standing were we could only cast too, and they were catching them up out a little further.

It seems Shallow diving bomber type stick baits are the ticket, I always hear black in color and seen one in one of the pics posted.
Was up at Trenton the other day, we absolutely lit up the Shad....every couple minutes we had a fish ranging from 4-8 pounds.....What a blast!
Old 04-19-2014, 06:14 AM
Striper Hunter

Wow, Those are some nice fish, I only ever caught one while fishing for herring a few years back
Old 04-20-2014, 11:57 AM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsq22 View Post
Wow, Those are some nice fish, I only ever caught one while fishing for herring a few years back
They pull like a good smallmouth! It's a great fight!