how was your year? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 11-18-2010, 08:16 PM
Official Member

Default how was your year?

Curious how everyone did this year..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2010, 12:03 AM
Rubber Shad Ex-spert

Default Re: how was your year?

Was completely out of the game overseas. I read Doc Muller's book on jigs, so I'd like to try plying the bottom with pig and jig for one whole season. We'll see how that works next season. For now, when I get home it's going to be ice fishing and wild pig hunting down south.
Old 11-19-2010, 12:13 AM
First Mate

Unbelievable late spring into summer in the haba, but it slowed quite a bit when the macks left and once the pogies came in had another couple good weeks but the fall was the worst I've seen in the few years I've been doing it. I'm also ready for the ice as dpohlson said and looking to get some new gear for the spring as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2010, 09:03 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

It was another very good seasson north of Boston in June and july... I boated and released two more 50lb+ fish and saw several others over 50, including a 61 caught in the same area.. the fishing was good on the Full moon in August but spotty in between... constant winds made beach fishing from a small boat difficult most of the summer... the fall was a dissapointment, Fishing was good early in September, but the size was small ( by my standards, most fish were high teen class), but was not as good as usual on either moon.. again, wind made fishing some areas difficult, the fish may have been there, I just couldnt get to them... for all practical purposes, it was over ( especialy for large) by the first week of October.... October 8th I pulled a 14 hour marathon, Leaving the dock alone at midnight, fishing until 2PM the following afternoon ( I'm getting to old for this $#!+).... I covered about 15 miles of coast line from Norht of the New Hampshire boarder all the way to Gloucester... tossing eels, and trolling plugs...I hit every rock pile, sand bar and reef i know in between... I never had a hit.. saw a bird take wing or marked a baitfish... tired, cold and hungry... instead of driving to the dock.. i drove straight to the boat ramp... walked back to the marina, got my truck, hooked up the trailer and called it a season.... I wrapped and witerized the boat the next day.... I've been turning plugs ever since.
Old 11-19-2010, 01:48 PM
Official Member

Awesome year finished up on Block with a crew of 20 hard drinking/fishing maniacs.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:51 PM
swabbie

Fished Boston Harbor for the most part this year.

Early Spring cod fishing sucked. Stripers came in early with the macks and I had great bass fishing through early August. Macks stuck around the entire time which was great. Then I had a kid in August and didn't get out much but the fall was slow and I got skunked that last time I went out in October. Overall I think it was a good year with a good mix of nice bass on live bait and smaller ones under the birds.
Old 11-24-2010, 05:54 PM
Lunker

i hope i didnt use up all my luck this past season, it was one of if not the best season i ever had. both in size and numbers of fish caught.i was unemployed during the early summer,so that helped.but even as late as two weeks ago i lucked into some pretty decent schools of fish moving along the beaches . lots of macks in and around the canal well into the summer.lots of small fish in some of my favorite early season spots,which was great to see.
Old 12-01-2010, 02:36 PM
First Mate

My best season so far. I mostly fish the same area as Roccus( but no where near his level!) Any way late may-mid july was awesome keeper sized fish every time and even boated 2 over 40". Cant comment on fall fishing i'm done as of sept 1st. Looking forward to next year!