Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Help with trolling mixed set-up

4K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  G3 Driver 
#1 ·
We'll be spending three days on Memorial Day weekend camping and chasing stripers at a local reservoir, trying new techniques in the hopes of weaning myself off of drifting cut bait, which seems to be successful, but oh so boring. I think I've got some pretty good deep diving Rebels, Rapalas, and such, but I've also got two downriggers I want to use. I read and was told to let the large lures out to about 100', give or take, behind the boat. This sounds like a good idea, but now I'm wondering how to deploy lures on the downriggers. What kind of length should I consider? I'm certainly not new to downrigging as I've lived in WA for over 5 years catching countless salmon down deep on downriggers. I will most likely be trolling in depths anywhere from 40' to 200'. I'll be graphing the waters to see where they're hanging out. I have an assortment of lures, spoons, etc. Anyways, any advice will be appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.