Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

My Wiper Fishing is Stone Cold Despite the Heat

4K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Birdgod 
#1 ·
Okay, I caught wipers every time I went through mid June. I have been skunked every time since then. 30 fish days below the dam at Truman Lake in April. Then, I was trolling crankbaits from a kayak and caught my largest 12+ lbs in small lakes in KC area. Caught at least one fish every time I went, then after mid june I have been skunked. I am not marking any fish. I am not seeing any fish feeding on top early or late. Last trip I used live shad, big boat, 4 lines with no success. Granted, it has been uber hot, and largely bright, sunshine days, but I would have expected some action. I have been fishing small lakes that are stocked in KC area. I would go down to Truman to fish the main lake, but they are not running any water to speak of and the lake is 2ft low. Just wondering how everyone else is doing.

#2 ·
Hi, I saw in the other post that you fish at SMPL. I am recently looking into fishing for wiper and have got a kayak. Just wonder if you go next time maybe we can meet and do some fishing. Totally new to wiper and would like to learn, I live 15 min away in Overland Park. Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.