Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

whos fishing?

Tags
fishing
6K views 35 replies 15 participants last post by  webs820 
#1 ·
OK who is gonna be out tomarrow fishing I know i aint gonna be the only one .after the action we seen today.:a_goodjob: i cant resist to go out tomarrow

#5 ·
Hit the river in TROY-- Wed. and Thur. Only one fish a nice looking channel cat!! NO herring around but did feed a big Red Tailed Hawk some of my herring it was COOL!! He came into about 10 ft. of me!! Lots of BIG Walleyes in the creek!!

#23 ·
I'm planning on putting the boat in on Friday after work... Either at Corning Preserve or maybe a little south at Coeymans...

First outing of the year (motor comes back from the shop this week) so if anyone is going to be out there, lemme' know...

It's always nice to have someone else out there in case the Evinrude gets tempermental on the 'shakedown cruise'...

After this weekend, I will be out there a few times a week, at least... It's a pretty short window for the Stripers here- and I hope to take full advantage this year...

I'll most likely be around the Normanskill or nearby...

#27 ·
...I'm planning on putting the boat in on First outing of the year (motor comes back from the shop this week) so if anyone is going to be out there, lemme' know...

It's always nice to have someone else out there in case the Evinrude gets tempermental on the 'shakedown cruise'...

My Easter-sunday shakedown ('83 35hp) in Wappingers Creek shook out a busted forward gear & clutch dog. hope u have better luck with your 'Rude! :frustrated:

#26 ·
No stripers landed in the Albany/Troy Area that I know of yesterday!! Only cats!! Hitting the river all day Thusday from shore (some place??) and out on the river Friday!! Reports to follow!! Any one else have any thing to report??? You DON"T have to give up your spots (burn them)!! Just how you did and on what bait live, chunks, trolling, shore, boat, time, tide etc.!! The seasons HERE let's HELP each other be better fisherman/woman!!

#28 ·
Lost of fisherman out yesterday, "No" stripers landed!!! Seen guys fishing in the old junk yard in Troy, I hear that you can fish there for now!! Going back to fish today!! Tons of people at the Poestenkill!!!!!!! The Mans there TOO!! So make sure you have your fishing license with you!! Lots of people get tickets!! Also hear that he is going to start to inforce the tranporting of herring law!! I'm confused???? You can catch them but not take them??? In the creek that is!!

#29 ·
I'm confused???? You can catch them but not take them??? In the creek that is!!
You can catch em allllll day, but you can't transport them in a vehicle. That's to prevent the spread of disease. Ya know, catch em in the poestenkill then bring em to, say, Saratoga Lake and use them for bait. We all know that 99.9% of the people netting them in the creek are using them in the river......But that's the deal.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.