Ocean boils at what temp? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts > Cape Cod Canal
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Cape Cod Canal The Ditch.

Old 05-18-2006, 01:49 PM

Default Ocean boils at what temp?

Although I don't know the answer to that question, I can tell you this. The waters in front of my house were boiling with Mackeral at noon today. Had to be over 1,000 Terns feeding on the frenzy. I suspect the Macks were feasting on all that squid.

Almost forgot the Striper content. Caught 7 keepers last night. I only brought home one and let the rest go.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2006, 10:14 PM
Wishin i was fishin

nice work tailgunner, i enjoy reading your posts for the reports
Old 05-19-2006, 08:15 AM

Default Thursday Night's report

So I gets home from 4H with the kids and turn to the wife and say, "you're a widow tonight". She groans and off I go rod and bucket in hand.

I have to say that was one of the most excited times I've ever had from our jetty. I lost count at 15 schoolies around 8PM. I did bring one keeper home once I found the right lure to get under the schoolies. I finally went home around 9:30PM after I hooked myself for the 10th time.

I listened to my father's voice last night. "Keep that damn lure in the water until the very last second." I caught at least 5 at my feet.

The wife was happy when I walked in with a keeper. Tonight's dinner will be Calamari and Striper. The belly was full of squid, BTW.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2006, 08:20 AM
Jigologist

Default Re: Thursday Night's report

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tailgunner
I listened to my father's voice last night. "Keep that damn lure in the water until the very last second." I caught at least 5 at my feet.
classic!! nice report

thanks
Old 05-19-2006, 12:07 PM
Veteran Elite

It's nice to hear that the fishing is getting hot,are surfcasting or are you out a little ways in a boat.
Old 05-19-2006, 12:13 PM

I've been standing on our jetty. My boat will be launched when I return from NC next week.

I watched 2 guys in a CC run up to the working terns 200 yards off shore and scare them away. There had to be over 1,00 terns, I kid you not. They fished for 15 minutes and left. Nice thing was they scared the school in my direction.
Old 05-19-2006, 05:22 PM
Veteran Elite

That's good to know your getting success from shore,might be heading to the canal this week end,hoping for similar success.
Old 05-20-2006, 06:24 PM

Good luck at the Canal. I hear the fish are there but so is anybody with a pole.

This wind stinks for all my tackle from shore. Oh well, I have a motorcycle trip to get ready for. NC here I come.