Rocky Neck State Park - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 09-19-2007, 10:13 AM
swabbie

Default Rocky Neck State Park

Hey Guys,

I was fishing rocky neck last night and at 7:00 a ranger showed up and said we had to leave. I thought this park was open for fishing 24/7? Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,
-MattB
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2007, 01:57 PM
d0eb0y

Default Re: Rocky Neck State Park

according to the website fishing should be allowed.
Maybe u were not in a designated area? who knows?
Maybe someone from the area can shed some light.

Old 09-25-2007, 11:33 PM
LunkerSpunker

I am from the area but I have never fished there after dark. I never had any luck from there when I went so I havnt gone back. I think it IS legal tho, ranger may have been mistaken? it happens. Next time you go back make sure you bring the DEP guidebook with you, it should have the rules for the park right in it, then you can show him and there will be no confusion, if he is willing to listen... There are other more fisherman friendly parks around tho, you may want to check them out, ie: Harkness, Hammonassette
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2007, 02:40 AM
Lunker

Great spot. Should be open all night but it depends on the duty officer. Some don't mind and some do. Not consistent. Same deal is true for most of the parks state, or town. A lot depends on what has been going on there for the past few weeks. The police get a lot of pressure because of jerks with loud radios, trash and party-time crap. Once the complaints start coming in they tend to just toss everyone out after dark. The 'official' policy is that the park closes after dark. Not sure how that works for the campers but that is the policy on the books.
Next time you wanna spend some time there fishing at night drop by my slip at ragged rock and we'll motor over there and tie up. :)

I can always use an all-nighter crew_
Old 09-27-2007, 11:16 AM
swabbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ol'man View Post
Great spot. Should be open all night but it depends on the duty officer. Some don't mind and some do. Not consistent. Same deal is true for most of the parks state, or town. A lot depends on what has been going on there for the past few weeks. The police get a lot of pressure because of jerks with loud radios, trash and party-time crap. Once the complaints start coming in they tend to just toss everyone out after dark. The 'official' policy is that the park closes after dark. Not sure how that works for the campers but that is the policy on the books.
Next time you wanna spend some time there fishing at night drop by my slip at ragged rock and we'll motor over there and tie up. :)

Thanks for the offer! I am down whenever you are! Night or day. I will hook you up with gas and whatever. Let me know if you ever want to meet up for some surf fishing. My email is [email protected]

-MattB
Old 09-30-2007, 09:58 PM
LunkerSpunker

Quote:
Originally Posted by The ol'man View Post

I have a buddy with a slip at Ragged Rock, earlier in the season I was leaving with him from there every Fri morn to head out fishing. He is on the last dock before the channel that is the entrance/exit.....maybe you know him? Mike is his name, boat is ummmm Money Pit I think.....