Shore fishing Albany, New York - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > The Striper Forum
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Striper Forum All things Striper. Striped Bass Fishing Room Born on date March 11 2004.

Old 05-25-2006, 12:36 PM
Official Member

Default Shore fishing Albany, New York

I grew up in the Catskill region as a life long trout fisherman. When I moved up to Albany last year I decided I would take a crack at Striper fishing. I have always Bass fished in the regional Catskill lakes but never in the Hudson.

Unfortuantely, i am a broke law student and cannot afford a boat (yet) so i do all my fishing from the shore.

So far the only spot I have found is Henry Hudson Park in Bethlehem area. I cant locate a good (or even decent) bait shop in the entire Albany area... Does anyone know of one?

I would love to chat with someone about fishing in Albany NY and the surrounding area. I especially want to find out about Striper fishing in the Hudson as well as some QUALITY trout streams...

If anyone can lend a hand to a fellow fisherman and outdoor sports enthusiast i would be greatful.

Thanks in advance...

C.

[email protected]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2006, 07:03 AM

Default bait shop

Try Conroy's bait shop (518) 273-2582: 711 19th St, Watervliet, NY
on rt 2. Take I-87 northway to exit 7(?), maybe 6? east to troy. When you get into the town of Watervliet, go past Stewart's. It's on the left.

The only other one I know of is way out on rt 50 towards Burnt Hills. I think it's called "Wiggly Worm". Near outlet ave, or outlet road.
Old 05-26-2006, 06:05 PM
Captain Booty

Corli1, Look down to Hudson River thread you might find some info there!! I'm headed down to the Park on Monday so if you would like to join us let me know, should be at the launch around noon or so!! Look for a Sonic Blue Ford Ranger with a bow and duck sticker in the back window!! Just yell out PERCH INC.!! I'm bring my canoe so I can take the bait out to the channel hope we catch some "BIG" stripers!! PS. He said he's broke so I would stay away for Conroys!! It''s a GREAT bait shop but alittle $$$$$ !! There's no other place that I know of down that way!! Send me a PM tonite and I will give you my cell phone#!! I should have enough herring for everyone!! I hope!!