The reel contest? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Equipment & Tackle --- How To / Do It Yourself Forums > Auction Forum > Contest Forum
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Contest Forum Giveaways and Contests. To be eligible please have at least 3 posts. The 4th will count as eligibility. For example 1 post count to enter but three more will be needed to be eligible for prizes.

Old 11-29-2005, 07:45 PM
First Mate

Default The reel contest?

The amount of people with under 5 post is unbelievable it seems folks are just joining to see if they can win a reel.
what are the rules? it should be active members IMO

Fishing With The Sanddollar Princess
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2005, 08:06 PM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

Hi Bob. That was brought to the table (by me and some others), but ultimately it was thought that it should just be for everyone, cause come people might get offended or pissed if it was just for people with a certain amount of posts. Maybe its fairer this way? I dont know for sure.

But I hope that if someone who doesnt really participate here wins, they will atleast come back and maybe post pics of some nice fish they catch with the reel they win, or atleast offer up a few stories or reports :)

Old 11-29-2005, 09:00 PM
First Mate

thats what I thought, I also thought that it really wasn't fair to members who participate everyday of the year. and I kinda felt guilty for signing up. not being a member that had 100 post yet.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2005, 09:16 PM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

Ya, I hear ya. It's alright though. Just as long as we get some entertainment this Winter!

Old 11-29-2005, 09:31 PM
First Mate

Thanks for the chance at the reels

Old 11-29-2005, 09:36 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

jim was talking to me about that one night while fishing. some guys won something (pic contest) i can't remember who won all of the tica reels but one or two dropped off the earth. just makes you wonder. alot of people are shy and don't post and you can clearly see alot of em are checking in to see what is going on by how many views are in some threads., with the regulars we post comments often but some of these ghosts are not interactive (till you give something away) jb is right though. maybe someone will win and post (one day)

Old 11-29-2005, 10:13 PM

I need to win the reel to catch something which looks like a striper.
Old 11-29-2005, 10:28 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

WELCOME, HOWEVER IT SHOULD BE A STRIPER AND NOT LOOK LIKE ONE, OR BE DEFORMED IN ANY WAY

Old 11-29-2005, 10:44 PM

Hey the guy doesnt look that deformed.
Old 11-30-2005, 04:59 AM
First Mate

I was looking at zim's avatar?
Old 11-30-2005, 07:39 AM

I was thinking the same thing Bob but then I figured that hopefully we'll at least get a good portion of these guys to start participating in the forum and I won't feel so bad about it. Hopefully it works for the better. Just wait and see i guess.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:00 AM

It probably wouldn't piss me off so much if there wasn't so many jacka$$es signing up and posting nothing but "Its mine" all over the freakin joint as many times as they want. Ban stupid people, I say. If you can't figure out how to put your one solitary damn post in the right spot you got no business participating.

I need some coffee.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:06 AM
Veteran Elite

yeah, does seem a little unfair. I know I haven't been very active lately, but I at least check in from time to time and throw my two sense in, but I see both sides of it, its also a promotional tool for the site (even if that isn't the way it was intended), the more the merrier I always say, GL to everyone.
Old 11-30-2005, 08:44 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

I kinda take a different spin on it,i wont register so someone new to the sight has a chance (besides i own enough crap already) people joining to just win a reel are missing out on a great informitive sight that covers a wide and diverse area, you have some knoweleage availabe from this sight to cover just about any condition or part of the country... once here they may just hang around long enough to realize a good thing... My .02

Roc
Old 11-30-2005, 09:03 AM

True Roc, it is attacting a lot of people to the site. Maybe some of them will realize that this site has a lot more to offer than just occasional gear giveaways. Maybe some of them will stick around and become good members, some of them will probably stick around and be Bassy Fergussons, half of them are probably the same guy registering under different names to increase his chances (taking advantage of the site and diluting the contest for people who play by the rules, contribute to the site, and would be truly greatful if they won something).

Any way you look at it there are good and bad sides to it. Hopefully it will turn out to be more good than bad.