Fishin report - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 09-09-2005, 02:13 AM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

Default Fishin report

Well, another Fall Run is upon us. The fish are schoolin' up and feedin' heavy to fill up for their trek back South.

The fishing along coastal NH has been great so far! The Peanut Bunker seem to be back in full force, so locating fish of all sizes along shore isnt a problem. Big or small rubber swimbaits, surface poppers, large or small metal like Kastmasters or Charlie Graves tins, and wood plugs plugs like Danny's and Pencil Poppers are some of my faves. For live bait, eels off the rocks or in the surf are hard to beat.

Fishin in the river with Roc has also been productive. Fish big N small, schoolies up to 40# class. If your not fishing, your missing out. It's going to be a long Winter.

So git ya waders on and hit the watah! Theres about 3 weeks of consistant fishing left. Get out there!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2005, 12:14 PM

Just got back in from some fishing. Needed to eat lol. I started at the Angel in Rye. It was dead low tide, so I had to tred the rockbed. No birds, no bait, no nuthin. Dead fahts. Worked that for 30 minutes with some metal, then started heading back south. Stopped at one of my fave late season haunts, the "Hollywood House", on the North end of Bass Cove. Saw a few kids fishing. I walked down and managed to get a kick ass lane, no salad/sea veg. I had to fish for an hour to hook up with that was up to my nuts. I didnt have my measuring tape or boga, but I have about a 32" inseam, figure it out LMAO.

I got a late start and I paid for it. Hope to get out this evening too, but I didnt sleep well again last night, and I gotta work at 4pm. Sucks!

Old 09-10-2005, 05:09 PM

Default Vineyard Sound report

Went out last night and saw nuthin' happening. Trolled one of my spots and hooked some nice big blues. Wind died as the sun went down. It was one hell of a sunset. Water looked like pudding. Thought about staying out to get some cows but was tired from that thing called a job.

This morning we went out at 0400 and fished the length of the Elizabeth Islands. Complete skunking. Wind was NE around 15mph. Weeds everywhere. No birds, no splashing, nuthin. Went home around 0900 and took a nap and found it dead assesd calm when I awoke.

Going out tonight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2005, 11:34 PM

Hope ya had some luck tonight

I just went out to gear up...standin' in my driveway I could hear the surf just absolutely ROARING. Cancel that. LMAO. I'm a mile West of tha beach.

Old 09-11-2005, 06:34 PM

Hey JB, got any weekends coming up, with the exclusion of this saturday? Me and my dad would love to come down, maybe on a firday or saturday evening for some fall run stripers. If at all possible :)

Actually, just talked to the parental units and my dad said any night works, as long as we leave at like 9pm at the latest.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:41 PM

Ya, Sundee would be good then. Cuz I dont fish so late off the rocks this time of year. I usually fish early mornings or late afternoons till dark. So ya wont have ta stay out late

Old 09-12-2005, 12:40 PM

Well, I'm back after a 9 day trip to Kansas City to visit family and let the grandparents get their fix. After I dig out from under this pile of work that was waiting for me,, I'm planning to hit it pretty hard. Any fresh reports from the bay? Looks like the water temp is hanging around the upper 60's. Better than the 74 deg mark I saw before I left. Looking forward to fishing my first fall run!!
Old 09-12-2005, 01:16 PM

Not sure which Bay you're asking about but as far as Buzzards Bay....... Yesterday water temps were still low 70's.

Bonito are still running. In fact not 30 minutes ago I was watching them off the beach in front of my house. Problem right now is that wind. Gusting to 35 at my house.

Saw a few Stripers this weekend as they were bangin' my poppers but no hookups. I think night time T&W may be the way to go.

Of course Blues are still bothering everyone. :)

In Vineyard Sound everyone this weekend except for me seemed to be Fluking.
Old 09-12-2005, 01:38 PM

Thanks for the info Tailgunner! Ya,, the wind is kicking up pretty good today. I usually fish either in Narragansett Bay or in the Westport River area. Not sure what the temps are like in the river right now, but I may give it a shot one evening this week if I can get off work early enough to make it worth putting the boat in. Planning to get out in Narragansett this weekend (if the weather cooperates) and see what's happening out there.