Need advice on rod - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic.
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic. Saltwater and freshwater surfcasting. Plugging, Bait dunking and boating

Old 07-06-2012, 02:41 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Need advice on rod

I had a surf casting rod (Daiwa Emblem 8") that a friend recently broke. However, where i live in CT there really isnt "surf" fishing (got it as a gift). I use a 7" spinning rod to go plugging. However I would like to purchase a solid rod for throwing bait... Chunks, sand worms, eels, etc.

I have a TICA Spinfocus GT4500 spinning reel that used to be on my surf rod.

Any suggestions on a solid rod for throwing bait would be greatly appreciated. Doesn't need to be anything Fancy, just reliable and will fit the aforementioned reel.

Thanks in Advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2012, 08:27 AM
Official Member

Default Re: Need advice on rod

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwalkwestport56 View Post
I had a surf casting rod (Daiwa Emblem 8") that a friend recently broke. However, where i live in CT there really isnt "surf" fishing (got it as a gift). I use a 7" spinning rod to go plugging. However I would like to purchase a solid rod for throwing bait... Chunks, sand worms, eels, etc.

I have a TICA Spinfocus GT4500 spinning reel that used to be on my surf rod.

Any suggestions on a solid rod for throwing bait would be greatly appreciated. Doesn't need to be anything Fancy, just reliable and will fit the aforementioned reel.

Thanks in Advance!
I have fished the Cape Cod Canal for many years,and also the Watch Hill
area in Rhode Island.I am a shorline fisherman.You have to be a good hunter to be a good Fisherman.I have 7x50 binoculars with Me at all times.Scaning the shore line looking for guls working on baitfish.I use a 10 ft.Surfking by Lamiglas.Line 17-40lb.Reel Daiwa 5500 packed with 40lb braided line,and a40in.flurcarbon leader,and attach a seastriker fast snap,and You are good to go!!!My favorite lure is a cottin cordell popper.I drill 2 holes in it,and put BB,S in and seal with epoxy.

Charlie73
Old 07-10-2012, 04:14 PM
Striper Hunter

match that reel up with a Tica rod-- decent stuff for the $.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-10-2012, 09:42 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

Dicks (if you have one in driving distance) Has Star rods on sale as i type this. Seems you are not inquiring for expensive stik so that is the best deal for a rod about one hundred beans