Hudson River Kayak meet! - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Hudson River
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Hudson River The mighty Hudson River reports information and Discussion

Old 03-10-2012, 03:26 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Hudson River Kayak meet!

Striper season is right around the corner and there seems to be a growing number in kayak fishers on the hudson. If you read some of the other threads there seems to be a interest in having a day were we can all meet and spend the day fishing. Maybe bring a grill and make some lunch. If we have enough people maybe have a fishing tourment who knows, the possibliltys are endless. So I'm starting this thread to get some ideas, head count and your general location of who is interest so we can set something up that is close for everyone. Everyone is invited from beginner to experts. Even if you dont have a kayak but may be interested in trying it out I'm sure we can get a extra kayak or two. You can also send me a PM if interested. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2012, 07:12 PM
Official Member

Default Re: Hudson River Kayak meet!

I'm interested depending on proviso el work-el-o.
Old 03-12-2012, 09:52 AM
First Mate

I'm interested as well. Shodack Landing SPark might be a good location if folks want to meet that far north!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2012, 06:47 PM
Striper Hunter

I always wanted to fish at shodack park. I've only fished as far north as kingston but spend most of my time down by beacon. what time of the year does the fishing start turning on up there? Is it a easy to access the river. Maybe I'll take a ride up there before the season gets going to check it out. I'm sure once the season gets going we will find a few more yakers that are interested. All this warm weather got me ready to go.
Old 03-13-2012, 07:56 AM
Official Member

I'm interested, depending on schedule etc.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:26 AM
Striper Hunter - iFish NY

GREAT IDEA GUYS!!

I am totally on board with a meet up/grill/fishing excursion, I usually like to travel to follow the fish as they move North so I am willing to meet whereever and whenever the majority of the group is available... Id like to see it set in a location that is close to a camp ground so that some of us from down south can make a weekend out of it and get out on the water both sat/sun if we plan for a weekend thing... lets see if we get any more responses and see what the general consences is...
Old 03-13-2012, 12:10 PM
Striper Hunter

I know mills-norrie state park in stattsburg/hyde park ny opens for camping in may. It has cabin and tent sites. Its located on the hudson and could be a good central location for everyone to travel. Plus there are penty of other launch sites within driving distance from there. Heres a link with some info. http://nysparks.com/parks/171/details.aspx
Old 03-13-2012, 02:06 PM
First Mate

No camping at Schodack, but easy access.
Mills - Norrie also a good choice and perhaps more centrally located.
Either way, I'd suggest sometime around first or second weekend in May.
Old 03-13-2012, 06:19 PM
Striper Hunter

I agree that the 1st or second weekend in may would be a good time for that area. The other nice thing about norrie point is it looks like the rent kayaks/canoes so if you know someone that would like to come but doesn't have a kayak they can still get out on the water. Plus camping by the water we can do some night fishing. But let see what happens and what everyone thinks.
Old 03-18-2012, 04:04 PM
Striper Hunter

Id be up for this as well. Im in the newburgh area but wouldnt mind going up an hour or so north.

Ill have my hobie and possibly a friend or at least spare kayak. weekends work best for me.

Plum point is an option as well, great for fishing/paddling
Old 03-19-2012, 09:17 PM
Striper Hunter

Plum point is a nice place to fish. I launched from the a few times last year with my fishing buddy. It seemed everytime we went there the weather was crap. But either way it is easy to launch. I was also thinking about long dock park in beacon. Haven't been out in the kayak yet this yet. Hopefully in the next week or two I can get out. Fished from shore this passed weekend. No luck yet.
Old 03-20-2012, 09:06 AM
Official Member

Ive launched out of plum point a few times, nice spot. It gets my vote.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:31 AM
Striper Hunter

Hello all, first post here. i've kayaked and fished the sound, rye playland area mainly but never the hudson. I'm about 15 minutes from coldspring. I have no idea how to fish the river and have only fished sound a few dozen times over last few years (usually a trout guy). I generally troll tubing worm tipped w/ gulp or sand worms and do pretty good. I got a hobie actually i have two (dumped the girlfriend kept the boat).. so very interested.... Also interested in getting out ASAP if anyone interested pretty much easy travel from peekskill to newburgh for me. can fish m-f 4pm till ??, and most weekends.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:52 PM
First Mate

I'm in. I like Newburgh area but will travel.
Old 04-12-2012, 09:30 PM
Striper Hunter

Lets do this weekend. I say we should hit the wapp creek. we can paddle/pedal out to the hudson for stripers or stay in the creek for large and smallmouth action (crazy right now.. fishing are prespawn pigs)