Northern Aqueduct Fishing? - Page 20 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > California - Lakes, Rivers, Bay and Delta > California Aqueduct
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 06-30-2014, 02:36 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: Northern Aqueduct Fishing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnfield11 View Post
Is there a tag for the 2 liter minnow trap . Lots of moss showing up in the mendota duct!!!! Had to clear the hook every time the lure came out of the water.noticed a lot of small minnows , but they all can not all be small and they make great bait.only 2 stripers today at 15 inches in 30 minutes, swim shad will change out to the small goofy looking minnow tomorrow.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nd-Gi8fHaA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-30-2014, 07:54 PM
Striper Hunter

Water barely moving this weekend. Went out Sat evening rode the scooter south on Mendota from Lammers to McArther only 2 caught, few bites Sunday evening rode the scooter north on Mendota from Lammers caught 12, most at the pumps. Lots of thick moss growing due to lack of water moving. The hunt for the 20" + goes on
Old 07-01-2014, 03:20 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDiamond View Post
Water barely moving this weekend. Went out Sat evening rode the scooter south on Mendota from Lammers to McArther only 2 caught, few bites Sunday evening rode the scooter north on Mendota from Lammers caught 12, most at the pumps. Lots of thick moss growing due to lack of water moving. The hunt for the 20" + goes on
Good to hear you caught , what kind of lure ? All i caught this weekend was the flu on friday.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2014, 05:28 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
what kind of lure ?
I used the Yozuri Sashimi Rattl'n Vibe. It's been a great lure to use. I've also used Azuma jerkbait which works well when the water is moving. Sorry to hear you were under the weather, hope you're feeling better so you can go out a catch a few and tell me where you are getting the hits
Old 07-02-2014, 03:23 PM
First Mate

Thanks feeling a lot better .. So now I can tell you where the fish are not biting ,at least for me yesterday after work.Mendota canal at westly ,road tripped down south a bit and caught one 21 inch carp on the swim bait. 2 guys across from me landed a couple of fat keepers on rattle traps .Slow water flow and lots of moss.tossing the lure at the right spot next to the gates but no stripers.
Old 07-02-2014, 05:28 PM
Striper Hunter

One of these days I'll have to try moving south towards Westly. I'm going to try this new lure enhancer this weekend. It's the Booyah teaser, looks interesting we shall see.
Old 07-03-2014, 08:23 PM
Striper Hunter

will probably try tomorrow with a trash fish swimbait that I just bought.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:27 PM
First Mate

The water was moving after work today and they were biting .started fishing at 132 and i5 on the mendota at the gates .2 at 18 inches and 2 at 15 inches. Moved to the north of the gates to bird road and 2 at 19 inches. Good day for 1 and 1/2 hours . The guy across from me caught 2 nice 18 inchers on a stick bait.
Old 07-03-2014, 11:31 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by inrealtime View Post
will probably try tomorrow with a trash fish swimbait that I just bought.
Find some gates and cast upstream and get as close to the boards as possible. Had lots of bites and lost a bigger one today. Used a 3 inch berkley swim shad.
Old 07-04-2014, 01:10 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Find some gates and cast upstream and get as close to the boards as possible. Had lots of bites and lost a bigger one today. Used a 3 inch berkley swim shad.
THanks for the tip. Going to bring up different swimbaits and try them at different locations
Old 07-04-2014, 08:52 PM
Striper Hunter

Hit the farm, Safeway, & a couple of bridges. No luck. Super windy & too hot.
Guess the fish took the holiday off. I should have too. Happy 4th everyone.
Old 07-05-2014, 02:53 AM
Official Member

Went out this morning around 9 when it started warming up, right off I-5 in Patterson. Went down to the pump house and was throwing a Lucky Craft Pointer 100 jerk bait (white/yellow/blue combo) hooked a big one, snapped my line :/ Lost my 15 dollar lure and probably a good sized fish (guessing 20" plus).

Been hitting them with the jerk bait and a big broken back rebel, all in Patterson, probably around 25 fish in last 2 weeks, mostly 14"-19". It's very fun, however, I hate dragging the fish up the concrete embankment. Good luck this weekend boys!
Old 07-07-2014, 08:16 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by inrealtime View Post
Guess the fish took the holiday off. I should have too.
Caught one small one at the farm on Thurs evening, caught 2 on Sat at the Mendota Canal near the irrigation pumps. Where are all the fish????
Old 07-10-2014, 07:28 PM
Striper Hunter

Went out this morning. Caught 3 stripers, few bites, not much action today hopefully this weekend evenings will be better. I guess no water flow = no fish. I was spoiled last year when I used to catch a min of 10 to 12 fish each trip
Old 07-11-2014, 11:33 PM
First Mate

Tried tne minnow trap.left it overnight and check it today after work.no minnows due to all the moss that clogged the opening. Guessing the water started moving sometime after I tossed the trap in . Will try it again next week with the line tied to the opposite end of the trap. Fishing slow with low current , my brother hit the westly area and nailed them while the water was flowing at a set of gates, all big ones.