Northern Aqueduct Fishing? - Page 14 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > California - Lakes, Rivers, Bay and Delta > California Aqueduct
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 05-07-2014, 12:53 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: Northern Aqueduct Fishing?

Got a great report for everybody. Walmart has a abu garcia cardinal s combo on clearance right now for 13 bucks. I picked up the last one at the walmart closest to me. Lures for 1.50. They have some nice rebel lure in blue gil colors. I got 3. For 1.50 you cant beat that.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2014, 11:47 AM
First Mate

Well apparently all wal marts were having the same sale except the one in Manteca. I will try out in tracy at the walmart. Did pickup a trolling motor for under a hundred bucks though.Wind still blowing hard and only one fish in the last 3 days, usally fish 20 minutes after work on the way home.Water has not moved in the south tracy area , no current -no fish again .heading out later today and will try the california aquaducthave not tried there in some time.
Old 05-14-2014, 09:56 PM
First Mate

Went out monday near the fire station next to the safeway warehouse.15 to 19 inchers, not bad for 40 minutes. As soon as the current picked up the bite picked up , same old swim shad down deep across the middle of the canal
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2014, 09:45 AM
Striper Hunter

Fishing been real slow at the farm, since the flow isn't moving. Water level is way low, thus no bites. I usually pull out 6 to 10 but lately 1 or 2. Any new spots I can try?
Old 05-17-2014, 12:16 PM
Official Member

Hello everybody, how's it going? I'm new to the forum but I've been fishing the ducts around Grantline/Byron for about 4 years now. Glad to know that this community exists. I used to mainly bait fish but this year I switched over to a baitcasting set up and I've really started to appreciate all of the nuances to this type of fishing. If anyone has any tips in regards to new places to try or lure recommendations I'm all ears. Let me know if anyone wants to meet up at any point, I'm always looking for a good fishing buddy. Tight lines everybody.
Old 05-17-2014, 12:53 PM
Official Member

I'm probably going to head out to Tracy this evening and see how the ducts are looking. I was out last about two weeks ago and the water was pretty low and not flowing very hard, only one 15 in to show for my effort. I'll be curious to see how the conditions are looking now.
Old 05-18-2014, 02:37 PM
Official Member

Wow, the ducts are incredibly low and not being pumped at all. With that being said I found some fish holding near a bridge and was able to pull out a 19 incher on a 4 in white shad swim bait. Definitely slow, but the fish are around.
Old 05-18-2014, 09:25 PM
Striper Hunter

Rode my bike out to the pumps at Bethny. Threw chovies caught one 6 lb cat. No stripers at all. 6 hours one fish, pretty slow. Nothing hitting on plastic.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:29 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDiamond View Post
Rode my bike out to the pumps at Bethny. Threw chovies caught one 6 lb cat. No stripers at all. 6 hours one fish, pretty slow. Nothing hitting on plastic.
Almost launched the boat at bethany today except they raised the fee by 7 bucks and I had only brought exact change. Had checked the state run web site and it had apparently been left unupdated for some time , go figure.plan was to catch perch and use them as live bait.well will be trying to get the boat in the water monday after work, since I still have the fresh blue gill bait.if your not cathching keep moving , the schools keep moving and the least obvious spots can hold the fish.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:32 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDiamond View Post
Fishing been real slow at the farm, since the flow isn't moving. Water level is way low, thus no bites. I usually pull out 6 to 10 but lately 1 or 2. Any new spots I can try?
Ken is this you ?
Old 05-18-2014, 10:55 PM
Official Member

I just realized that "the farm" is the same section I typically fish. Typically pretty good fishing but slow as of late.
Old 05-19-2014, 05:55 PM
First Mate

no fishing this last weekend. will head out in the wind after work today . hit a nice school near corral hollow about 2 weeks ago during the big winds . at least the spot is sheilded mostly from the wind . will post whats biting or not biting.going to try out the hair raiser and some largewr 4 inch swim shad . maybe deeper and in the middle for bigger fish ?
Old 05-19-2014, 07:26 PM
Official Member

That's what I got my only fish with on Saturday. Right in the middle of the "current" at the bridge near the farm. Some kind of structure might be key. That's where I got almost all of my bites.
Old 05-19-2014, 10:01 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnfield11 View Post
Ken is this you ?
No, My name is Kevin
Old 05-19-2014, 10:09 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnfield11 View Post
if your not cathching keep moving , the schools keep moving and the least obvious spots can hold the fish.
What should I look for. ie. Bend in the aqueduct? Bridges? I've fished at the pumps off Coral Hallow and the pumps behind the Safeway warehouse, I've caught a few at both places. I mainly Catch and Release, but will take a keeper now and then.