What is this rod used for? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic.
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Stripers 101 - The Beginners clinic. Saltwater and freshwater surfcasting. Plugging, Bait dunking and boating

Old 07-02-2008, 11:16 AM
Official Member

Default What is this rod used for?

I have laying around an old fishing rod from "The Day". You all remember The Day, right? Any way it says this on it:
MAXTEC 10ft. BRUTE
1310 10' Heavy action

That's it. the end eye is flat at the tip instead of hanging down like the rest and is offset to the left of the rod's center. It came with a plastic spinning reel. I searched the Interweb and came up with nothing. I know very little about fishing rods and next to nothing about salt water rods.

WHat I want to know is can I use this thing to fling bait off off the beach so that I can reel in lures with my 8 footer while I wait.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-02-2008, 11:59 AM

Default Re: What is this rod used for?

Maxtec made all kids of fishing stuff, including surf rods. Not sure if they are still in business, as it's been a long time since I heard of them. My guess is that it is a standard surf spinning rod which has had the tip guide messed up and twisted. Tip guides are easy and cheap to replace,,, I'd say take that guide off, replace it with a new one and see how it casts