Suggestions? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 05-07-2008, 11:42 PM

Default Suggestions?

Greetings striper fishermen,
I am visiting North Truro in Cape Cod around the middle of June and I want to do a little plugging from the beach. I'll be using the same tackle as I do down here in South Florida for snook and redfish, but I need some suggestions for lures, plugs, spoons and probably plastics I guess. Where I am fishing also has lots of sand worms and I want to "match the hatch". What about leaders? Usually I tie 30# flourocarbon directly to the braid. Is that enough? Is it better at night, and what about the tides?
I have waded into the bay before and seen small stripers in pairs and threes swimming between the bars at low tide. Last year I tried to catch them but no luck. They were real spooky and seemed to be traveling rather than eating.
I would appreciate any help that you could offer, and I would be happy to return the favor for any of you coming down here to catch snook.

Thanks.
Byron
Sponsored Links
Advertisement