2014 Merrimack River Fishing Reports - Page 3 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 08-15-2014, 11:24 AM
King of Eels
Pro Staff

Default Re: 2014 Merrimack River Fishing Reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonsnova View Post
Roc....funny thing was when we fished block the smallest fish we caught was just over 25lbs...wasn't just us we could hear screaming reels in the distance. Weird there were no little fish around just big mommas... never seen anything like it.
Not weird.. big fish and small fish rarely mix.. .... the less fish in the biomass.. the less to migrate north.. simple as that.. fishing the block should ALMOST be illegal.. every fish that we see here in the north has to pass through there to get here... of coarse they have a ton of fish.. we get the educated culls... that said.. last week was the best week of the season... maybe the best in 2 years.. just every cast produced a hook up or a fish... .. the best part.. 9 days of fishing and only myself( and anyone with me) and a handful of surf rats got in on it... very few under 20lbs.. the top fish was 49-14... lots of 30's and 40's( lbs not inches) in between...
Advertisement

Old 08-20-2014, 08:49 PM
First Mate

Default Re: 2014 Merrimack River Fishing Reports

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roccus View Post
Not weird.. big fish and small fish rarely mix.. .... the less fish in the biomass.. the less to migrate north.. simple as that.. fishing the block should ALMOST be illegal.. every fish that we see here in the north has to pass through there to get here... of coarse they have a ton of fish.. we get the educated culls... that said.. last week was the best week of the season... maybe the best in 2 years.. just every cast produced a hook up or a fish... .. the best part.. 9 days of fishing and only myself( and anyone with me) and a handful of surf rats got in on it... very few under 20lbs.. the top fish was 49-14... lots of 30's and 40's( lbs not inches) in between...
That's awesome roc....I always seem to miss when the big girls roll thro... but I'm mostly a weekend warrior...:(