Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Sunday 6/5/05... the day in pictures...

16K views 90 replies 21 participants last post by  merrillizer 
#1 ·
What a fun day,the weater was civil, the company the best.......

Met up at the Marina with Jonny and jacob (baitrunner)

the day in pictures:

Jonny gets a mac for the tank...

What the **** this aint bait!

Ready to roll with a tank full of macs!

First pass outside the river mouth the skunk is toast! :)

# 2 for the bait runner....Jonny's Mac has a curse on it!!!!

Bassy Wassy's...
Jonny Strikes Back

Me and THE ROC...

Double it up...

Tha Rivah...

See less See more
#18 ·
Thanks Jim,
Yes,, truly Mahhvelous day!! I learned so much and am very greatful to Roccus and Jonny B for putting up with me. Gonna grill up a couple fillets tonight after work and celebrate!

This photo belongs in this string.

Dorsal fin spine that I removed from my knee after I got home last night. Great fishing trips aren't without war wounds. Both thumbs chewed up pretty well too, but not like Jonny's! What were you doing man, using that thumb for bait??!!

#21 ·

I was bustin Jonny's chops and gave him this pink balloon..... seem the bassy's liked it too, the biggest one of the day hit the mac on it, but.... :oops:

and what would be a weekend trip without googins :?:

these guys hung around "our" mackerel hole closer than they look,no matter the macs were headed for the flemish cap anayway :lol:

they wer'nt the only ones,but they were the only ones I had toime to photograph :lol: sorry guys :twisted:

waiting for some action :roll:

#26 ·
Jacob, it was great to meet you. I was happy to see you there, especially since you have such a haul to get up this way. I knew your efforts would pay off, but the day was even better than I thought! 8)

Ah yes, my pink balloon. After letting a live mack sit in the lane for little bit with no action, I was about to reel her back in to see if it had crapped out on me, cuz the mack had actually surfaced and come right out of the water. Little did I know there was a BIG reason for this. Next thing we see is a swirl behind my balloon that is about 8 feet in diameter lol. I almost pooped in anticipation of some sort of strike. But damn it, that brute bass wouldnt take it. It was makin' me sweat. I waited and waited, finally, I had all but given up. I was just about to flip the switch and start bringing it back in, when another swirl appeared, and the balloon took off like a raped ape in heat. This friggin bass did the dig-dug for a full several minutes, it was screaming! I could not even reel down on this thing, so I just let it ride. Finally, it felt like it was ready to take a short break and let me reel down. I lowered the rod and started my retrieve, but the fish must've turned and headed towards us cuz it went slack. As I reeled harder to catch up with the slack, I guess she turned again and headed back the other way, cuz the line went taught again and I felt the pop. Hook popped and so did the balloon rig. POP. Blew tha whole thing into pieces. 20+ pound fish easy.

I was some pissed :lol:

I will get my Redemption 8)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.