Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Monday 18th in Newburyport

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  therockfishchef 
#1 ·
Went out all day fished from 8:00 am till 8:00pm got a bunch of stripers with some blues mixed in. Sun was blazing the mouth of the Merrimac river was almost empty compared to a weekend day. All around the best day I've had in a long time. No big fish I think 27 was the biggest but still fun just the same.....

#6 ·
I started the rockfish and was the chef owner for 3 years. To make a long story short my partnership went bad and I have since moved on. Restaurant buisness is tough nevermind getting into it with a few guys who have never owned before. I still own the business and real estate but am trying to get out. I am now the corporate Chef for Essen Foods with owns the Sylvan Street Grille in salibury, peabody and Sidney and Hampton restaurant in Rowley.

ps. I like to think I'm pritty good at cooking striper too.......

#9 ·
Hey, you do good work! though i have not been to S&H yet, its on the list. The restaurant business should not be that tough ...you just have to figure out how to clone yourself, find decent waitstaff, maybe import them, and have really deep pockets.

Question for you. If you catch a bass yourself is it legal to serve it in your restaurant?

As I heard you were giving out recipes, I wanted to try a whole bass on the grill.

Thanks and have another great Monday

#10 ·
Hello,
I was at the base of the jetty on PI fishing for the whole afternoon, same day. You were waving at me... I tried clams on the ocean side, mackerel and lures in the river, which looked fishier. Never got a bite there, but caught a small striper on the clams, along with 2 skates. Kids were impressed.

Just a daytime trip to the beach for a Vermont family, not nightime fishing. I'm headed back next week to run with Peter Murray, who shows us a good time.

Robbo

#11 ·
No spike it's not legal for me to sell it at the restaurants because I don't have a commercial licence. I do however buy striper from my purveyors from time to time. I rarely keep a fish anyhow but when I do I have a dilberate plan to enjoy it with the family or the friends I caught it with. Last year I took one of my brazilain employees out for a day (he had never been striper fishing and had an blast) I got a 32 in fish and kept it as he had never tried striped bass. We brought it back to his house and cooked it. He didn't have much to work with so I simply broiled it with a little lemon and butter and it was so fresh It didn't need much help. The best way to describe it "a 3 ingredient high" We are so lucky to have access to such fresh seafood in our neck of the woods. Being able to eat the food you caught that day is such a treat.
By the way thanks for the compliment I try. Next time your in to sylvan or if you get over to Sidney say hello.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.