What do you think of the new Accurate Platinum Twin Drag spinning reels? - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Surfcasting Central
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Surfcasting Central A forum for Rockhoppers, Sandmen, Beachbuggies, etc.

Old 04-27-2011, 01:33 AM
Scot Paton

Default What do you think of the new Accurate Platinum Twin Drag spinning reels?

Let me know your opinions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2011, 07:21 AM
Lunker
Pro Staff

Default Re: What do you think of the new Accurate Platinum Twin Drag spinning reels?

A bit much for surf fishing eh?

For that money I prefer a Shimano Aero Technium MgS, a reel designed for high performance surfcasting focused on the most extreme long cast capability and fighting big fish in a 17oz package.

The twin spin just doesn't fit on the beach, at best it offers mediocre surfcasting performance where it counts, overkill where it doesn't in a heavy package at high cost.
Old 04-27-2011, 07:52 AM
Striper Hunter
Pro Staff

Default Re: What do you think of the new Accurate Platinum Twin Drag spinning reels?

Great reels for the boat, a bit too heavy to plug with!

Old 04-27-2011, 09:28 AM
Scot Paton

Thank you gents! Geuss I made a bad purchase then? I was hoping that I had bought a quality reel, that was integrally strong, and would last a lifetime.
Old 04-27-2011, 10:18 AM
Striper Hunter
Pro Staff

I think you missunderstood, you purchased a great reel that will last you a lifetime it's just a bit heavy to carry and plug with on an open beach, if it's your go-to reel then you'll get used to the weight and keep those guns going strong!
Old 04-27-2011, 06:37 PM
Scot Paton

Oh good!! I was scared for a minute!! Yeah the weight doesn't bother me. I just wanted a strong long lasting reel. Pretty happy now!! Thanks bunches!!!
Old 05-24-2011, 04:07 PM
The Artist Formerly known as Jackbass
Pro Staff

From what I understand The Accurates are great reels. Like Cappy said they are bit heavier than what most plugging guys are accustomed to carrying around. Use it and enjoy it.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:08 PM
The Artist Formerly known as Jackbass
Pro Staff

What size did you Buy?
Old 06-02-2011, 09:32 PM
Scot Paton

Hi Mark, thank you for your reply! I happened to purchase the Accurate Platinum Twin Spin SR20. I've used it a lot since the season started. I'm truly happy with it. I have it on my St. Croix 10' 6" Legend Surf. This combo is perfectly balanced. The fits about 480yds. of 50lb. Power Pro. I love it!!! I fish the ditch a ton. And have yet to become fatigued! It has performed impeccably!!! Do not regret buying it one iota!!!
Old 12-25-2011, 03:20 PM
Striper Hunter

Van Staal or Zee Baass. Top Shelf PERIOD
Old 03-27-2012, 07:36 AM
Scot Paton

Oh but...touche sir!! I'll put my Accurate up against anything on the market! Thanks for your opinion though.