Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Heading to Sandy Point this month

18K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  Striper Rob 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, I just moved to the area, but have been striper/rockfishing for years. I want to take out my stepson (14) to do some striper fishing and since we don't know much of the area, Sandy Point looked like an easy spot to begin.

Is there any striper action in Sept/Oct in this area. I get a bit confused when other threads talk about rivers, etc. I just can't get my bearings. We are coming from Alexandria, VA so I want to be as well prepared as possible for a one night trip.

I'm guessing bloodworms or bunker is the way to go from the shore. Does anyone use eels out there at night?

Any, and I mean any response is really appreciated and I will be sure to post a fish report when we get out there.

Thanks,
Striper Rob

#2 ·
Hi Rob,
Sorry, I'm not familiar with that area, being from Massachusetts, but judging by the usual migration patterns you should have plenty of fish moving into that area soon. Bunker would be a top choice as well.

By the way, kudos to you for getting the boy out there. :icon_thumright:

#3 ·
Thanks Jake. I'm from MA myself and usually kayak fish for stripers at the mouth of the merrimack or up in manchester by the sea. Miss those areas and trying to figure out this place is becoming a challenge. I may just head out to the Chesapeake bay area and try my luck. I just haven't found a decent spot near me on the Potomac to target stripers....shoreline is all grass/weeds. I'll figure things out eventually, but don't want to miss the fall run. Hope fishing is solid up north, tight lines.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.