800th Post and 1 year Anniversary - Thanks Cyber Friends - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Around The Woodstove > The Lounge
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

The Lounge Off-topic discussion here. Non-fishing related chit chat & banter. No Divisive subject matter - No Viscious Political and Religious debates please.

Old 04-19-2006, 07:45 AM

Default 800th Post and 1 year Anniversary - Thanks Cyber Friends

The Internet brings a unique opportunity to meet people we likely would never have met in any other way. Sometimes, people we meet on-line become friends.....sometimes, very close friends.

So, I just wanted to say thanks to all the friends I feel I've made on this forum over the past year and for making this my favorite stop on the Internet where we share some inner secrets, we laugh, and even cry.

We have much in common.....concerns, likes and dislikes. But, at the same time we are allowed to be different. Ours is a relationship joined by invisible chains that link our dreams in life. In you I have found so much of myself. Thanks for all your guidance in helping me through my individual struggles.

Complete inner-peace and happiness I wish for you because you are my kindred spirits.

Tony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2006, 08:01 AM
Pro Staff

Very nice Tony! It's been good to get to know you. We'll have to fish together sometime this year.

I agree, this place quickly became my favorite Internet stop as well. Let's all do what we can not to take it for granted, but instead work together to see that it only gets better.

Rock on!!
Old 04-19-2006, 11:44 AM
Captain Booty

Tony, "Very" well said!! I'm on a few other sites and it seem that all the people that I have meet are just "GREAT" Outdoorman!!! Nice job on #800--- I'm sure alot of people gotten good info from you!!!
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2006, 10:19 PM

Tony has it been a year already? How many pics has Zim and Bait chopped you into in that time?
Old 04-19-2006, 10:49 PM
Pro Staff

Not enough that's for sure... I better get busy, lol.
Old 04-19-2006, 11:48 PM

Congrats Tony
wow a whole year.
Some of your avatars over the year.
I know we goof tony but we luv ya.
https://stripers247.com/phpBB2/viewto...highlight=vote

Old 04-20-2006, 12:00 AM
The Poacher Poacher - I poach poachers

Tony, cheers You're a valued member here. Thanks for spending time here and offering up your insight and thoughts. I know I appreciate it. Congrats on the 800th!

Old 04-20-2006, 06:33 AM
Veteran Elite

I agree Tony this is my favorite stop as well,and It's good people like you that have made this a good site to hang out on.
Old 04-20-2006, 08:12 AM

I lurked for a few weeks before joining to get the lay of the land. When I decided to join up and become known, one of my first posts/threads was a rather lengthy striper regulatory debate for which I had done much research, quoting several sources, and presenting a number of theories as to the ebb and flow of the striper population. After finishing, I re-read and tuned it several times. Finally, I was satisfied with it and posted what I thought to be a masterpiece. I waited patiently for your first response. Finally, the first respondent was CC. His post read, "what did you say?"

OK, so I wasn't off to the "big splash" debut that I was hoping for.

For those wanting to stroll down memory lane, here it is.

https://stripers247.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2890

PS: Also, notice my first sentence about not wanting to create controversy.....OK, I lied. :)
Old 04-21-2006, 10:11 AM
Veteran

Well. the year went fast. but at our age they even go faster. DB ! It's been good to get to know you. I was just breaking them. It was a long post. You are a regular on this site and I do look forward to reading your post. I hope you stay with us for a long time. By the way ,I went on a sea trial Wed. with my son on a Stiegercraft. 23ft. Very disappointiing. It pounded bad in one footers. Rocked bad too. It had a Honda 225 on it. it was fast but I don't know if it was the right engine He had a long shaft on it he said the guy before him had a short shaft on it with 500 lbs of sand in the bow?