A heads up - the big on-line plug auction is going on now ! - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Equipment & Tackle --- How To / Do It Yourself Forums > Auction Forum > Contest Forum
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Contest Forum Giveaways and Contests. To be eligible please have at least 3 posts. The 4th will count as eligibility. For example 1 post count to enter but three more will be needed to be eligible for prizes.

Old 03-06-2006, 03:09 PM

Default A heads up - the big on-line plug auction is going on now !

One of my club brothers and closest friends, Digger is running the annual plug action over on SOL to benefit my surf clubs kiddie trout tournament -
The Shark River Surf Anglers annual Spring Lake Kiddie Trout Tournament held Saturday April 8th from 8 A:M to 3 P:M at Spring Lake in the town of Spring Lake NJ.

http://sharkriversurfanglers.com/events.html

It's a lot of fun for the kids and a great cause. We stock a hatchery truck full of trout with a large number of big breeders
(we stocked and someone caught the new world record Tiger Trout 2 years ago)
The overall winner gets a huge prize package. Last years grand prize was worth over $1500. There are very nice prizes for the winners of each age division as well.
Every child under the age of 15 that catches a fish of any size or species leaves with a tackle box worth of gear. Every child, even if they got the skunk gets a goody bag of tackle. There's also free hot dogs, soda, coffee and if you get there early enough to help setup there's even fresh donuts.

We try and do it right, unfortunately doing it right is expensive so we are actively seeking donors and sponsors to help defray the costs. One of our fund raising activities is the annual plug auction showcasing work by some of the finest plug builders around.

Here's the link to the auction:

http://www.stripersonline.com/cgi-bi...ategory=tackle

Ps: My donation is #16. If you're a guitar buff it makes for an interesting cross collectible.

this thread was pre-approved by StriperJim (thank you Jim)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-06-2006, 05:43 PM
LunkHead

Default Auction

I can vouch for the quality of the items being auctioned off, last year my bid won a lot consisting of 2 custom wood swimmers, and they looked like works of art, someone definitely put the love in.
Sadly, I threw one all the way to England one night but the other is always in my bag, ready to go.
The cause is very worthwhile as well, the trout contest on opening day draws hundreds of kids, I had my bunch there last year as well as several of my friends and their kids, and it's a great way to kick off the fishing season.
Better go see what I'm bidding on this year........

Ed

"An Evil Barbarian with a Wrench in His Pocket......"

Old 03-07-2006, 10:43 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

hey suds, did you make that black plug with the black bucktail?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2006, 12:08 AM

#16 Yup

It's a super special. Real Brazilian Rosewood is almost impossible to get since the import/export ban in 1992 (endangered species). The only place I know of that sells it has small 1 1/2" x 1 1/2" x 12" blocks for $37 each.

I handled the real estate for Kramer Guitar and bought the little bit of wood they had left when they went belly up (the name is now owned by Gibson).
Your odds of seeing another builder using this magnificent species of wood is, to say the least, slim. Be honest, this is the first plug I've ever made that I actually hope is NEVER fished - It'll fish and it'll fish well but it was built as a wall hanger.
(Not that I'm attempting to shill up the plug price or anything :)

Make you all a deal. If someone from here wins it I'll make you a presentation quality display stand for it.
Old 03-08-2006, 12:12 AM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

no need as i was impressed by it. if someone chucks that beaut i'd be shocked. nice woyk!

Old 03-11-2006, 10:24 PM

hey Suds that be a purdy piece of wood
Old 03-12-2006, 12:28 PM
Veteran

Sudsy that wood is very heavy. Brazilian Rosewood. I worked with it years back. Very pretty color, nice grain.