Newbie Kayaker in the Bel Air, MD area - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Boaters Forum > Kayaking Stripers
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Kayaking Stripers A forum for the YAK'rs out there.

Old 10-01-2010, 09:50 PM
Official Member

Default Newbie Kayaker in the Bel Air, MD area

Finished my 3 year tour in Okinawa Japan and now Iím stationed in the MD area gearing up for some stripped bass fishing. Shore fishing on Okinawa is nonexistent but offshore fishing is great; Wahoo, yellow fin tuna, marlin, swordfish and mahi mahi are everywhere but effort to find people and the cost of getting offshore takes to much time and effort. Currently living in the Bel Air, MD area and in the process of purchasing a kayak; should have it in hand within the next ten days. Did some bay fishing in the Corpus Christi area catching spotted trout, reds and drums but that was years ago. Looking to fish around the Havre De Grace and Edgewood area on weekends once or twice a month. If anyone is interested in doing some kayak fishing or have any tips that can help me within this area please let me know. Is fall a good time to do some stripped bass fishing or did I miss the season completely?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2010, 10:47 PM
Fishslayer

Default Re: Newbie Kayaker in the Bel Air, MD area

Welcome back, and thank you for your service!!
This is HarrytheKid's Dad, also Harry. You are not too late, in fact you probably have a few weeks to get used to your new Yak before the real blitz gets going.
We are in South Joisey, and while we haven't fished for Striper from a Yak (HarrytheKid's mother would kill me if he went into the cold water in the late fall!), we have done a lot of bay/creek/river/lake fishing from our various Yaks.
I'm no expert, but will try to answer any questions I can. Feel free to contact us in this forum or by personal message.
Good luck!
Harry
Old 10-01-2010, 11:50 PM
Striper Hunter

Fall is the 2nd best in the bay spring being #1 due to spawning
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2010, 10:53 AM
Striper Hunter

Yes I second that thank u for ur service, ur just in time some of th guys up in th north east r headng in that area following their migration route to th spawning grounds (kipto) good luck out there and be safe.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:54 AM
BarBaldy

Default New to kayak fishing

If ur still in the hav de grace area, i understand the c&r striper fishing is starting to heat up soon. i am also a newbie to kayak fishing and have off on sundays if u want to meet up & try to hook some cows.
Old 03-26-2011, 08:13 PM
Striper Hunter

If you guys want to go out with me in my boat, I can maybe give you a Readers Digest tour of the area and fish for a day. Maybe you can see the area then have a better idea of where you want to take your yak and save a lot of time and energy.
I live in Fallston, right down the road.

I have a Triton 240 LTS bay boat.

Contact me at
[email protected]

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	020.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	64.6 KB
ID:	14994  
Old 04-19-2011, 12:41 AM
BarBaldy

just saw ur post offering a boat tour of the flats. thats a pretty awesome offer. thank u! fisherman like u will keep the sport (& conservation) going for generations to come! i know the flats are in rough shape afer the storm saturday. if u r heading out on a sunday or a monday, and need a deckhand to buy gas and bait, shoot me an email. [email protected]. thanks again...
Old 04-25-2011, 07:13 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by karl klingelhoeffer View Post
just saw ur post offering a boat tour of the flats. thats a pretty awesome offer. thank u! fisherman like u will keep the sport (& conservation) going for generations to come! i know the flats are in rough shape afer the storm saturday. if u r heading out on a sunday or a monday, and need a deckhand to buy gas and bait, shoot me an email. [email protected]. thanks again...
Karl, Check you email and call me.