Northern Aqueduct Fishing? - Page 27 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > California - Lakes, Rivers, Bay and Delta > California Aqueduct
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 11-21-2014, 06:29 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: Northern Aqueduct Fishing?

On a high note. On my way back to my truck, caught 5 16" to 19" Stripers, going to miss the Mendota. I know that like the back of my hand.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2014, 07:02 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDiamond View Post
****** NOTICE ******

Went out this morning on the Mendota Canal, between Lammers and Hansen Rd. The Water Management guy stopped to tell me that they are going to enforce the NO TRESPASSING on the canal. He said the fine is $800 and is going to be enforced by the Game Warden.

I guess they've been having problems with people driving their cars onto the landings and they've had run ins where the police have been called.

Has anyone else heard of this? I don't want to find out by getting caught fishing beyond the yellow posts. Pretty expensive fishing

I've caught a majority of my fish on the Mendota and fish there 90% of the time. I guess I'll have to find "New Spots" on the Cali, which I still believe is ok to fish and ride my scooter on.
The water guy came up to me last week when I was at the farm. My buddy had driven his car on the road. He said we couldnt drive our car on the canal to fish. We took it as we can fish there, just not drive the car on the road.
Old 11-23-2014, 02:18 AM
Striper Hunter

Not sure if I want to fish on the Mendota and given a $800 fine. Hopefully I'll see a game warden on the Cali and I'll ask him. Caught 4 16" stripers on the Cali today
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2014, 02:19 AM
Striper Hunter

Damn Spell check on my phone.
Old 11-25-2014, 12:53 AM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Not sure if I want to fish on the Mendota and given a $800 fine. Hopefully I'll see a game warden on the Cali and I'll ask him. Caught 4 16" stripers on the Cali today
Old 12-01-2014, 04:57 PM
First Mate

Parked between safeway and mountain house and was asked to move by the water dept. , not leave just to keep the road way clear. Previously was told to move my car from the levee at the farm and no driving was allowed ,that was about a year ago .Have had no issues when walking in and fishing. Was the fishing slower this week or was i just using the wrong lures?
Old 12-02-2014, 12:57 AM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnfield11 View Post
Parked between safeway and mountain house and was asked to move by the water dept. , not leave just to keep the road way clear. Previously was told to move my car from the levee at the farm and no driving was allowed ,that was about a year ago .Have had no issues when walking in and fishing. Was the fishing slower this week or was i just using the wrong lures?
Went out yesterday evening to the gates at Bethany. Really slow, had 2 bites including the one 17" Striper I caught. Hopefully someone will run into a GW and ask if its ok to fish the Mendota. It seems I catch more fish there then the Cali.
Old 12-02-2014, 01:01 AM
Striper Hunter

I couldn't believe how low the water was at Bethany. I never seen it that low. The cove near the gates was almost dry. That might be the reason fishing in the Cali is slow. No Water, No Fish
Old 12-16-2014, 06:46 PM
First Mate

5 stripers 12 to 19 inches in 40 minutes , gates were open half way and the water was moving. Lots of sun and stained water . Was approached by water management employee who informed me that the game warden is issuing tickets to those fishing past the yellow gates on the mendota. Any one actually heard from a warden yet ?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FISH.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	223.6 KB
ID:	22089  
Old 12-17-2014, 03:18 AM
Official Member

Hows the fishing been lately....Is everything starting to slow down????
Old 12-17-2014, 01:43 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Was approached by water management employee who informed me that the game warden is issuing tickets to those fishing past the yellow gates on the mendota. Any one actually heard from a warden yet ?
I haven't been out there in a week. Spent the last week fishing in Hawaii. Caught at least one fish a day, standing on the reef in waist deep water is way different then standing on the edge of the canal. I'm interested if anyone has spoken to the GW as well. I heard the fine is $800
Old 12-18-2014, 10:59 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassMaster4 View Post
Hows the fishing been lately....Is everything starting to slow down????
The fishing has slowed for the smaller ones ,most are around 17 to 21 inches .The last three days have been catching keepers ,seems to be a better bite while the sun is out.Mendota has been flowing hard and heavier lures are hitting ,have gone to 1/2 and 3/4 ounce lures to deal with the extra water flow. Hit 2 sets of gates and nothing the third gate gave up 6 fish in 30 minutes with 4 over 18 inches .use to give up on the duct in the winter ,stopped using bait and found that they bite year round depending on the lures used. Hair raiser and swim shads .
Old 12-18-2014, 11:06 PM
First Mate

Quote:
I haven't been out there in a week. Spent the last week fishing in Hawaii. Caught at least one fish a day, standing on the reef in waist deep water is way different then standing on the edge of the canal. I'm interested if anyone has spoken to the GW as well. I heard the fine is $800
Tuesday was told by water district worker the fine is 400 and it starts at the yellow gates.Fished today and asked another worker who had no problem with me going past the yellow gates and fishing with no clue of the fines or new enforcement ? Does this info help any. Lol .... yea im confused
Old 12-23-2014, 06:53 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Tuesday was told by water district worker the fine is 400 and it starts at the yellow gates.Fished today and asked another worker who had no problem with me going past the yellow gates and fishing with no clue of the fines or new enforcement ? Does this info help any. Lol .... yea im confused
Me too, but there is signs stating No Trespassing until someone gets fined its like playing Russian Roulette. Who's next lol
Old 12-28-2014, 08:08 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Me too, but there is signs stating No Trespassing until someone gets fined its like playing Russian Roulette. Who's next lol
Ok so i loaded one round into the clip and got my finger pinched between the hammer and the bullet. Was told to leave bird rd on the mendota since i was fishing on the other side of the barbed wire fence but not past the yellow gates that i have been told are ok and not ok ?