Northern Aqueduct Fishing? - Page 18 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > California - Lakes, Rivers, Bay and Delta > California Aqueduct
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 06-16-2014, 07:12 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: Northern Aqueduct Fishing?

been catching fat stripers on night crawlers.

Couple months ago a old man i see fishing alot gave me a tip for a tip. I gave him tips on how to twitch the fluke as he had only been a bait fisherman and said seeing me fish with lures he want to try.

So of course start off with a sliding egg weight, and a bead above the swivel. 2 foot leader i usually use but this guy had me cut a 3 foot leader. i have this thing i stick through my worm to get it all on my hooks, he showed it to me so i got one a few months back. but instead of just 1 worm, he had me slide 2 worms over the hook and onto my line. Leaving about a third of the worm off the line so they can move and attract, then adding a third worm and leaving half the worm off the hook for more play. So it basically looks like 1 long continuous worm up my leader. IDK why but stripers love that presentation and i catch fish with that every time.

the ice chest is 27.5 inches long
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2014, 12:22 AM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexo408 View Post
What are you guys using
The main lure I've been using is Yozuri Sashimi Rattl', Vibe and Azuma jerkbait. I usually catch on these so I don't give my other lures a chance.
Old 06-17-2014, 12:23 AM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjimenez2013 View Post

Couple months ago a old man i see fishing alot gave me a tip for a tip. I gave him tips on how to twitch the fluke as he had only been a bait fisherman and said seeing me fish with lures he want to try.

So of course start off with a sliding egg weight, and a bead above the swivel. 2 foot leader i usually use but this guy had me cut a 3 foot leader. i have this thing i stick through my worm to get it all on my hooks, he showed it to me so i got one a few months back. but instead of just 1 worm, he had me slide 2 worms over the hook and onto my line. Leaving about a third of the worm off the line so they can move and attract, then adding a third worm and leaving half the worm off the hook for more play. So it basically looks like 1 long continuous worm up my leader. IDK why but stripers love that presentation and i catch fish with that every time.

Nice Catch Where are you fishing?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2014, 07:52 AM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDiamond View Post
Nice Catch Where are you fishing?
Central valley mostly. But I go up and down the aqueduct. And fish the mendota too
Old 06-17-2014, 11:01 PM
First Mate

Nice catch Jimenez , so fat ones . Did you catch these during the day? Went fishing after work and only got one bite in 30 minutes. But it was the fish I was after, 22 incher.mc arthure Blvd. Damn phone gives me heartburn when I try to post a pic , will post right after this post
Old 06-17-2014, 11:54 PM
First Mate

22 incher on a ligth action pole with 6 lb trilene, jigged it straight down on a brige using that same old lure. No current .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMAG1213-2.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	168.7 KB
ID:	20961  
Old 06-18-2014, 06:10 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnfield11 View Post
Nice catch Jimenez , so fat ones . Did you catch these during the day? Went fishing after work and only got one bite in 30 minutes. But it was the fish I was after, 22 incher.mc arthure Blvd. Damn phone gives me heartburn when I try to post a pic , will post right after this post
caught them early morning. bite started around 630 caught the first one about 640 and the other about almost 8. Caught 4 small ones on a popper between 15-17 inches
Old 06-18-2014, 06:12 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
22 incher on a ligth action pole with 6 lb trilene, jigged it straight down on a brige using that same old lure. No current .
know that was a nice little fight with that 6lb line. i like fishing lures with light line
Old 06-20-2014, 01:19 AM
First Mate

Quote:
know that was a nice little fight with that 6lb line. i like fishing lures with light line
First fish I have caught and eaten in about 9 years , tasted great. No spices and grilled it on the bbq, my boys liked it too.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:50 PM
Striper Hunter

Took the scooter out behind Safeway, Sunday evening. Barn you weren't kidding about poaching. I saw 4 guys with undersized stripers. Sad. I must have spooked them, they took off right after I got there. Caught 8 nice size stripers at the wooden bridge down past the pump.
Old 06-20-2014, 07:52 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Nice Still looking for my first 20" + striper
Old 06-20-2014, 10:29 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDiamond View Post
Took the scooter out behind Safeway, Sunday evening. Barn you weren't kidding about poaching. I saw 4 guys with undersized stripers. Sad. I must have spooked them, they took off right after I got there. Caught 8 nice size stripers at the wooden bridge down past the pump.
Got the phone number for fish and game on my phone .last time I called in their liscence plate number and mile marker that painted on the sides.but make sure you get the plate number.
Old 06-20-2014, 10:49 PM
First Mate

Have not fished since tuesday , my brother has been messing with the large mouths though. He went to an old striper corner and found schools of minnows and lots of big mouth bass that are just getting off their spawn beds and feeding.swim shad and some goofy looking soft minnow lure that is about 2 inches long with a big hook .
Old 06-20-2014, 10:54 PM
First Mate

Quote:

Are you using redworms, mini cramlers or night crawlers?
Old 06-21-2014, 09:56 PM
Striper Hunter

Used to fish at the duct right off patterson pass exit, but decided to try by the Safeway mentioned in here. First time here, but No luck for me all day. Went to 4 or 5 spots & all I saw were carps swimming around. Maybe I was in the wrong area. Was here Friday
I really liked the fact you can drive right up at some of the spots. The ca duct at patterson paas is a long walk to the dam.

Thanks for keeping the thread alive. Always gets me excited reading it. Wish I didnt live so far from here. So jealous of the ones that can drop by after work.