Northern Aqueduct Fishing? - Page 15 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > Sweetwater Stripers > Interior States and Landlocked Striper Forums > California - Lakes, Rivers, Bay and Delta > California Aqueduct
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Old 05-19-2014, 10:18 PM
Striper Hunter

Default Re: Northern Aqueduct Fishing?

What type of lures do you throw? I've had great success with Yozuri Sashimi Rattl'n Vibe ( different colors ), and Azuma Bray Z suspending jerkbait ( Awesome when the water is moving). I have most of the colors I'm new so I'm trying to get info from the "Old Salts" Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2014, 05:54 PM
First Mate

Well went out yesterday and caught 4 stripers from 15 to 18 inches out by the I-5 & 132 area . Found an orchard that provided some relief from the wind . Threw the hair raiser no luck ,caught 2 with the 4 inch shad and 2 with the 3 inch shad. Hey Kevin welcome aboard check back a coup[le of pages and you can view pics that we have been posting of the favorite lures . Really depends on what method you like most ,lots of different lures being used.
Old 05-22-2014, 11:06 PM
First Mate

Good catching today ,12 in the 16 to 17 inch size and lost 4 . Fished for an hour and a half on The south side of the bridge by safeway.when the current started moving 3 stripers were feeding on top, they were not small fish but could not get one to bite. Any ideas on what top feeding stripers will hit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2014, 11:55 PM
Striper Hunter

Awesome. What time were you fishing? I've been pretty busy with work. I'm going to try and get out there early before work.
Old 05-23-2014, 12:46 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleDiamond View Post
Awesome. What time were you fishing? I've been pretty busy with work. I'm going to try and get out there early before work.
Started fishing at 5 and finished at 6:15. Have not been hitting it too much lately since school is ending and all the activities that go along with graduations. I rarely fish in the morning , if I do its late morning .plain old lazy lol
Old 05-23-2014, 12:53 AM
First Mate

Stopped and talked to a couple of guys fishing at the burned out bridge, they were using powerworms and had just started getting hits . Thinking of using crawlers on a bobber to get the fish that are feeding on top and the same methods at the gates, would be like fishing for bluegills on steroids.
Old 05-23-2014, 01:06 AM
First Mate

Worst memory in a line that I have ever bought, been using it but will throw it away as soon as I get back to walmart. Will spool up with trilene xl next go around. Just giving my product review.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140522_214043.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	74.2 KB
ID:	20274  
Old 05-23-2014, 01:14 AM
First Mate

Quote:
What should I look for. ie. Bend in the aqueduct? Bridges? I've fished at the pumps off Coral Hallow and the pumps behind the Safeway warehouse, I've caught a few at both places. I mainly Catch and Release, but will take a keeper now and then.
Go up stream of the pumps at safeway to the next bridge. I dont eat fish all catch and release unless its over 24 inches then I give it to a guy at work who hates fishing but loves to eat fish , go figure.fish around the bouy line.
Old 05-23-2014, 01:34 AM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnfield11 View Post
Go up stream of the pumps at safeway to the next bridge. I dont eat fish all catch and release unless its over 24 inches then I give it to a guy at work who hates fishing but loves to eat fish , go figure.fish around the bouy line.
Thank you for the tip, I'll have to try that. Is that a short walk or will I have to ride my bike? I usually fish early morning since I work evenings. I fish evenings sometimes during weekends. Again thanks for the tip
Old 05-23-2014, 03:17 PM
Striper Hunter

Went out this morning at pumps opposite the farm. Pretty windy. Had a great day. Landed 16 on chovies. Nothing hitting the lures today.
Old 05-23-2014, 09:07 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Went out this morning at pumps opposite the farm. Pretty windy. Had a great day. Landed 16 on chovies. Nothing hitting the lures today.
Had the same no hits on lures today , fished20 minutes after work and not even a nibble. If your fishing at the pumps drive up the levee to the next bridge but dont cross the road ,you will be facing the safeway sign. Good luck , wait you had good luck this morning too! Ill have to try morning fishing .Hitting bethany tomorrow morning with the boat and a pocket full of cash. Lol
Old 05-23-2014, 11:41 PM
Striper Hunter

[QUOTE=barnfield11;204834]Had the same no hits on lures today , fished20 minutes after work and not even a nibble. If your fishing at the pumps drive up the levee to the next bridge but dont cross the road ,you will be facing the safeway sign. Good luck , wait you had good luck this morning too! Ill have to try morning fishing .Hitting bethany tomorrow morniwith the boat and a pocket full of cash. Lol[/QUOTE

I hate that when I don't get a nibble. Good luck at Bethany. When you are referring to Safeway are you talking about right off Mountain House road and Hwy5?
Old 05-24-2014, 09:46 PM
First Mate

Bethany was nice , the wind was blowing making the boat swing while we were on the anchor.spotted 2 nice big stripers feeding on the top.caught a ton of big blue gills and red ear perch the largest around a pound. Used a couple of perch as bait , one on a bobber and one at the bottom on a slider. No stripers but a lot of fun with my son.Its also nice that he can work the boat really well and I can set and change the rigs on the poles.
Old 05-25-2014, 05:27 PM
Official Member

Where can I buy frozen/live bait in or near patterson
Old 05-25-2014, 08:20 PM
Striper Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by barnfield11 View Post
Good catching today ,12 in the 16 to 17 inch size and lost 4 . Fished for an hour and a half on The south side of the bridge by safeway.when the current started moving 3 stripers were feeding on top, they were not small fish but could not get one to bite. Any ideas on what top feeding stripers will hit.
Mudsuckers or Minnows. As soon as they hit the water they will pounce on them