Back for two weeks, looking for a clue. - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > East Coast Regional Forums > Massachusetts
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Massachusetts Striped bass fishing in Massachusetts

Old 06-16-2011, 06:24 AM
Official Member

Default Back for two weeks, looking for a clue.

Hi guys,

I have brother in law's wedding stuff to do up until Sunday but will be back here until the 4th. I have not done much salt fishing in these parts since the Army sent us out to Ft. Lewis WA for the last 9 years. I'm looking for some fun fishing for my 7 year old son and family so mostly schoolie stripers or blues. Any clues? If memory serves me right, it's still a bit early and it's been a while so I'm not up on the fishery any more. We used to live in Seabrook so my old SOP was to drop the boat in Salisbury and fish the Merrimack or south down to Gloucester. I'm game for anything including flounder. It just needs to be a fun adventure for Liam. I brought back some limited gear and reels ( Avet and Accurates ) and bought some semi decent cheap rods as the extra bag fees/hassles wasn't worth it.

We have a number of plans/ visiting to do but I'm wide open to ideas on good daddy/Liam time ideas for exploring / history/ events whatever. Worst case scenario is some boat/beach trips but I'd greatly appreciate any pointers as it's been way to long and I'd love to share some of it with my son.

Thanks in advance,

Mitch
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2011, 02:18 PM
swabbie

Default Re: Back for two weeks, looking for a clue.

I can only speak for the Boston Harbor area but it's been pretty good. If you have a boat in can fish dawn or dusk look for birds and you'll probably do well - especially if you can time it with a moving tide. Swim shad and sluggos work well. There lots of macs to live line off the ledges east of the outer harbor islands. Use large sabiki rigs for them. If you want to go for flounder and have a boat PM me and I'll direct you to where people have been getting them. Thank you for your service to our country!
Old 06-20-2011, 12:03 PM
Official Member

Default Re: Back for two weeks, looking for a clue.

I fished yesterday for flounder off the Merrimack River.
check out depths from 30-40 feet. The action was really good with some fish nearing 20". Didn't see much going on in regards to bass however...