Shore Fishing Etiquette - Page 2 - Stripers247.com Forums

Striped Bass Fishing Site Map | Contact Us | Fishing Log Software | Fishing Online | Advertise
to UPLOAD: please register or login

Go Back   Stripers247.com Forums > MAIN FORUM DISCUSSION > Boaters Forum > Boating Beginners
Forgot Password? Register Now!!

Boating Beginners Beginner Boating Questions and Answers

Old 09-16-2009, 12:46 PM
Official Member

Default Re: Shore Fishing Etiquette

Quote:
Originally Posted by folgerrl View Post
Bout 40 years ago, I was bouncing worms at the parking area below the railroad bridge. Heard splashing in the cove behind us. Took a light rod with a bucktailed Fiord spoon an proceded to cast. First fish hit the shore and there were six fisherman () three either side of me. I caught 5 more schoolies before they moved on. No one else caught a thing. Talk about a S... eating grin on my face the rest of the evening.

Bay
I just love poetic justice. Was fishing close to a jetty and nailed a schoolie. 3 guys moved right in on top of me, while I continued to pull out 6 more, they got zip. God has a sense of humor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2010, 06:57 PM
Official Member

Angry Re: Shore Fishing Etiquette

hey all was fishing a night run bye me for striper's it was around midnight in mid July. it is about a quarterer mile walk for me to get to my favorite spot been there for about 2 hrs waiting for tide to change. a couple of guys were down to the left of me tide started to move out about 20 Min later started to hook into some nice bass the 2 guy came running down and started fishing right next to me one to the left of me and one to the right. if i held my arms out i could put my had right on top of there shoulders.got tangled a couple of times lost 2 fish because of this no apologies or nothing one of them lost his lure when we were tangled and i cut the line lost mine to. they only came with one lure each he had the nerve to ask me if he could pick a new plug out of my surf bag so he can fish no was my answer and he got pissed.i packed up and moved up the beach more they caught a couple more sharing a rod.i was not getting anything but i stayed where i was30 mins later i started hitting them again they were no i tryed to kept quite and light off but i could not get a hook out turned my light on they saw i had a fish and moved down buy me again.i caught about 15 bass 9 keepers one 27 lbs 2 lost lures and aggravated. it is a public beach and i usually don't say anything i can put up with allot and are very patient but it is called common curtsy.

Old 02-02-2010, 07:07 PM
First Mate

If i catch a fish than drag him up onto the beach to measure/ take a picture/ get a hook out or what ever...

Don't jump in my spot and fish while i am away from my spot.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:57 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBassJim View Post
If i catch a fish than drag him up onto the beach to measure/ take a picture/ get a hook out or what ever...

Don't jump in my spot and fish while i am away from my spot.
lmfao.......

Old 03-03-2010, 11:21 AM
First Mate

I can't stand the guys that ride up and down the beach looking for someone else pulling in fish or watching for birds . Then they pull over get out , come over and start fishing right next to you . Now I know I don't own the beach but I wouldn't do that to anyone else so I expect it to not be done to me.
Old 03-03-2010, 07:53 PM
Old Salt
Pro Staff

was that you?

Old 03-04-2010, 03:31 PM
The Artist Formerly known as Jackbass
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish2 View Post
I can't stand the guys that ride up and down the beach looking for someone else pulling in fish or watching for birds . Then they pull over get out , come over and start fishing right next to you . Now I know I don't own the beach but I wouldn't do that to anyone else so I expect it to not be done to me.

Welcome to Race Point! That is when I start casting side arm with the eleven footer.

I fish out there all night long about an hour before sun up here comes the headlight parade! If I got a rod bent they all stop and stand on top of me. I have no issue with a guy setting up near me, thats life. But don't shoulder in on me.
Old 03-04-2010, 03:36 PM

Which is exactly why I've gotten pretty good at fighting a fish with the rod pointed down and to the side. Use an ARC dehooker to release it without ever lifting it out of the water.
Also, remove the drag clicker from the spool so the noise doesn't give you away.
Old 03-05-2010, 12:17 PM
The Artist Formerly known as Jackbass
Pro Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudsy View Post
Which is exactly why I've gotten pretty good at fighting a fish with the rod pointed down and to the side. Use an ARC dehooker to release it without ever lifting it out of the water.
Also, remove the drag clicker from the spool so the noise doesn't give you away.
lol. The old lay the rod parallel to the beach and flex it sideways trick.
Old 03-05-2010, 04:51 PM
Young salt

Not sure if this is right for this forum but I got one. I hate when I'm on the beach in Old Orchard first thing in the morning getting into fish and a boat pulls up and sits just outside the breakers casting inward and over my line. I know it aint my beach or my water or my fish but if you're in a boat you have the WHOLE Ocean to play with and ya gotta pull up right in front of me just because ya saw me catch a couple of schoolies??? Usually once ya start chucking a 6 oz. pyramid sinker in their general direction they move relatively quickly. A guy crept up on me last year and ended up getting stuck as the tide receeded.............too bad for him, he got what he had coming to him far as I'm concerned!!!!'

StriperHyper ~ Will
Old 03-06-2010, 09:37 AM
First Mate

I just uploaded a picture of that exact thing . These boats were coming right in and fishing overtop our lines . The pic is one of the most recent uploads .
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1_New_Image_5.jpg
Views:	119
Size:	178.8 KB
ID:	12884  
Old 03-24-2010, 08:32 PM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by badfish2 View Post
I just uploaded a picture of that exact thing . These boats were coming right in and fishing overtop our lines . The pic is one of the most recent uploads .

Thats when you and some friends have a contest to see who can throw a pyramid weight to the boat first. they usually get the idea that they should move when lead rains down around their boat! im not saying you should intentionally damage their boat or injure them but i agree that they have the whole ocean to fish and they really dont need to be near shore. if they wanted to fish near shore imo they shouldnt have bought a boat!!
Old 03-24-2010, 08:35 PM
First Mate

andddd for my own personal pet peeve i f^^^^^^ hate it when im fishing on a jetty and on the other side of the channel there are other people fishing and when they hear some splashing as you reel in a fish EVERYONE turns their lights towards you. Another thing i hate about people fishing on the other side is the yahoos who cast alll the way across the channel and then snag your line and get mad at you for it! as if its my fault he casted across the channel and caught my line??? I dont think so. some people just dont know how to fish politely.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:49 PM
First Mate

Hate people who cast across the breachway in your lane because you reeled one in. Like the fishing is any better 20 feet to the right...keep it on your side and don't cross..
Old 03-25-2010, 05:31 PM
Official Member

My pet peeves are pretty much the same as previously posted especially litter bugs. I just love people who come up and grill you like your a POW cause your the only one catching fish .Then dont belieive you and say your cheating.