Striped Bass Fishing Forums Forum banner

Want to get into making my own plugs

Tags
making plugs
3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  khary23 
#1 ·
After seeing all the great looking plugs you guys are turning out I got the idea to give it a try. Just don't know what kinda tools I need. If any one could let me know it would be great, also about how much of an initial investment is it to get started. thanks!

#2 ·
Plugs can be made with just a few simple hand tools, a pocket knife, some screw eyes and a hand saw, or you can have a tricked out shop with CnC machines , most of us are somwwhere in between...

Always protect you lungs, wear a respirator of particle mask when working with fine wood dust....

I've posted a tutorials on making plugs, one on Hand carved bunka and the other a Danny swimmer...

Here are a few of the Items in my shop...

Attachments

#5 ·
Khary you could always do what i did and buy a kit.
The wood is pre cut.
It comes with grommets through wire, lip and eyes.
Of course its not building your own but you learn how to (with the help of these guys) to tie the tail wire and seal it and or paint.

#6 ·
cool! thanks every one. I looked in to some kits and the price is pretty reasonable, but I did not finf any pencile popper kits does any one know who might make them?

and good lord Roccus thats a lot of stuff!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.